Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

No. Post I made back on the 28th September. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What about Darwin?

I’m assuming they also take the Melbourne edition now?

1 Like

Looks like Seven Perth took my advice from a few weeks ago; today’s 5PM bulletin in Perth is actually being presented from Perth by Angela Tsun in a similar fashion to the usual 4PM afternoon news on weekdays!! This is of course since it didn’t air anywhere else due to the Cox Plate. The ‘First at 4’ bug is being used too when it really shouldn’t be.

Edit: Basil Zempilas presented sport. The format of the bulletin ended up being similar to the half-hour 4:30 bulletin on weekdays that got extended to one hour earlier in the year, with sport and weather together at the end. Fuelwatch was still featured at the start of the third section of the bulletin too.

1 Like

So they didn’t really take your advice it’s only happened as no other state produced a bulletin at 5pm, effectively making this a one off with Angela?

1 Like

No, 2 weeks ago in this same situation, a ‘national’ bulletin was shown in Perth presented by Angie Asimus from Martin Place still but with a heavy focus on Perth stories. I suggested on here then, why don’t they present it from Perth in this situation and lo and behold today they are so that’s all I’m saying. It’s just funny that they actually did do what some of us were suggesting they should do for once. I don’t actually think there has been a weekend 5PM bulletin presented from Perth before except for when the main bulletin had to be presented then due to AFL etc. This same situation will come about the next several Saturdays when there is horse racing on so I don’t expect it to be a one-off either.

The 7 News team must visit the forum with anticipation to see what they should do next. Lucky they have it really.

8 Likes

S A C K F E R G O
B R I N G B A C K B A T H

8 Likes

Breaking news in Qld re: calling of Qld election.
News break just before 9.50am hosted by Kay McGrath with Simon Love and Patrick Condren on location.

2 Likes

Election promo showing Sharyn Ghidella and Michael Usher as the hosts, with Mark Riley as well.

2 Likes

7 Likes
2 Likes

It’s interesting, I keep replying to ask whether anyone has video of this, due to the fact it is not the first time this has happened AND the reply keeps disappearing… So is there video of her latest update fluff up??

Here is the last time it happened:

3 Likes

Why Michael Usher, will he be anchoring from Martin Place in Sydney? He doesn’t really have much to do with Queensland as far as I know.

1 Like

Just as the case was last weekend for Telethon in Perth, I suspect that Michael Usher will be flown up North for the Queensland State Election coverage with Seven News Sydney having a fill-in newsreader (probably Chris Reason) that weekend.

Speaking of Seven News Sydney, it’s probably worth mentioning that the bulletin had their first Saturday ratings win in ages last night!

2 Likes

But why do they need Michael Usher to anchor the coverage up there? Are Seven Queensland finally coming to terms with the fact that Sharyn & Bill are just not good enough anymore for this sort of thing; like a lot of you have been saying for ages? It just seems kind of strange since normally they would use their own Queensland presenters that they are familiar with; not someone who is more well-known in Sydney.

And I did notice that huge win from Seven News Sydney, are Sydneysiders finally beginning to warm to Musher?

Don’t think so. Friday night, when it was still Georgie vs Michael, was easily won by Nine News Sydney at 6 and at 6.30.

2 Likes

Isn’t today a Sunday? Wouldn’t Mark be presenting in Sydney?

I was referring to the weekend (which in the Sydney TV news market, is Friday/Saturday but I thought we all knew that by now) of the Queensland state election at the end of next month, when Michael Usher is expected to present Seven’s coverage up there. That’s when I’d expect to see a fill-in presenter on Seven News Sydney.

3 Likes

And elections are held on Saturdays…

1 Like

No local 5pm bulletin from Seven in QLD - delayed national 5pm now being broadcast.

2 Likes