Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

How can you tell they can tell something is up and how would they know? Is the news like with Sunrise how there is a small screen down the bottom of the camera so the presenters can see back what is being shown on Seven at that moment of time, at least when there is no ad break?

Did you watch the video? The facial expressions by both of them tell it all…

It’s professional to ignore it, but more engaging to acknowledge it and then move on.

7 Likes

Yeah I watched it but I thought that’s how they would always act in the moments before they are “on” after an ad break if you know what I mean; you would not know what they do when they are not on would you?

Just watched my recording and further to that, the freaky promo started playing during Ann’s plug for the 6pm news in the closer as well… Rather spooky. Again, Ann just ignored it and talked over it as if it never happened…

2 Likes

I guess it saves face if they pretend it didn’t happen, but it would probably have been more polite to say something like:

We apologise for that minor technical error, now we are joined by Dave Brown…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Umm :thinking:

2 Likes

If they have vision, it is news. But to be fair it was only on screen for a few seconds in a sports report.

That video, nor the Snapchat photo shows no evidence of what he was ‘dumping’. News at a verrrrrry stretch.

3 Likes

Has BTQ done local morning news close to midday in recent years?

Turned on today to watch for news of a high profile missing person case but not local.

2 Likes

Last time they did a morning bulletin was January 2015 -

4 Likes

Didn’t they do a few bulletins from Dreamworld last year with Sharyn/Bill presenting?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know, would have to ask @TV.Cynic , I relocated back to Sydney in mid 2015. That’s the only bulletin I managed to capture.

1 Like

Another big exclusive tonight.

11 Likes

Cheap Powerpoint Shit at Seven Perth… OCD levels at 100%

13 Likes

That just about sums up the presentation situation in Perth at the moment

1 Like

Being using it for 12 months

2 Likes

Not to mention that ridiculous fake stadium graphic. Why aren’t they using a panoramic photo of the new Perth stadium?

3 Likes

@WATV I’m referring to the red box that I highlighted on the image not the Sport titlecard…

1 Like

Uh oh, the local Sydney weather has made a return to the ticker at the bottom of the 5PM news today. Standby for more confused Victorian viewers…

3 Likes