Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

What rear projection display are you referring to here?

1 Like

The main backdrop. The only reason they get away with it at the moment is because the cameras in that studio are equally pre-historic but there’s no way they can go to HD without upgrading to proper LED screens like the rest of the country (or a virtual set I guess).

1 Like

@eddel I believe you are referring to the RQLD set that has not been touched since at least the early 2000s.

1 Like

No, the main backdrop in the Brisbane set was carried over from the old twisted metal set and is a rear projection screen. It’s the only metro set left in the country still using that technology.

5 Likes

Speaking of which, weren’t we told that new Set for Seven Local News was on its way, at least back last year? Haven’t heard about it for quite a while ago.

Obviously Fake News!

I thought that was Southern Cross Tasmania. Nothing has been mentioned about a new set in Queensland.

1 Like

Perth opening with the Grand Final as their top story was a little odd I thought. Considering the news was on last night after the final played and WA is playing no part :thinking:

3 Likes

I have to say though I like how lately they have actually been bringing in Barra to the news desk earlier on in the news to report on major sport stories, usually AFL related of course, before the actual sport section of the bulletin, like other places in Australia have introduced in their bulletins in the last few years. In saying this though, Barra was in the newsroom for this same section, not the desk so not sure why sometimes he’s at the desk and sometimes he isn’t earlier on in the news if he appears…

It’s certainly better than the shitstain they had before the current one:

12 Likes

I think I might actually prefer that than the current incarnation :thinking: Adelaide sure do things differently

4 Likes

Was just going to say the same thing. The current one looks like it’s missing… everything.

2 Likes

The awkward moment when a promotional set looks better than the real set:

(Royal Adelaide Show set - 2014)

But seriously, I think even just a single 3D, textured 7News logo on the front of the desk would help improve the set greatly.

5 Likes

Well I would disagree with that statement.

Sadly, last year was the final time that set saw use at the show. It was replaced with a small shipping container set this year, I posted some photos of it a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes

Agree. This is what I was trying to get out yesterday lol

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t a fan of that set, especially at that point with the fourth glass/perspex thing missing on the front of the desk! Originally in 2011 the bottom trim was just red which looked better, without the odd curved addition that looks like orange wood:

Anyway back to the current Adelaide set, City Plastics is one of the suppliers of materials for anyone curious: http://www.cityplastics.com.au/home/

9 Likes

Looks like plastic too!

4 Likes

Here’s a random question. I’m hosting a trivia night and am determined to include an Ann Sanders question! I can’t say “who’s Australia’s longest-serving news presenter” (I think)… so I’m currently settling on “I am the country’s longest-serving national news presenter. I currently present the morning and afternoon news on Seven. Who am I?” The demographic doesn’t generally watch the morning and afternoon news, I think, so it won’t give it away!

It’s a bizarre question - but I’m determined to get one in!

4 Likes

Have noticed as of Monday (and after nearly 2 months since the national-Sydney bulletin was fully localised), Southern Cross Tasmania has finally switched from the Sydney to the Melbourne feed for the 4pm News.

Maybe they finally realised after all this time they were showing Sydney News instead of ‘national news’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

First 10min of Seven News & Ten News tonight in Melbourne were dedicated to Grand Final news… It’s already reached fever pitch :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes