Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

He also appeared on the ABC but with his face blurred.

He did not appear on Ten for the record.

In the throw to Gaby, Georgie said Gaby had spoken to the guy earlier.

1 Like

Anyone from Hobart will tell you the interviews on 7 and 9 are in different locations. It seems 9 got the alleged headbutter late in the day (as seen in the Lane Calcutt story - which didn’t include any of interview with the accused man) before the live cross to Gabby.

The other reporter in the 7 interview was a Southern Cross Tasmania reporter (a 7 affiliate).

Here’s the link to full interview: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/911143719541260288 which is different to the 10 seconds shown on 9 News.

Tonight’s Seven News Melbourne has been pushed back to 8pm due to extended AFL finals coverage.

4 Likes

And Seven News Adelaide will air at 7:30pm for the same reason. Both are scheduled to run for only half an hour due to how late they are scheduled to be on.

2 Likes

It’s a yearly occurrence.

it’s weird that it happened twice this year…

I would say this is the most likely conclusion. 7 had the interview probably a little bit before 9. They had him first, great for them. Say it is his first interview since the incident or something. It isn’t exclusive though.

1 Like

9 Likes

6 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:. Friday’s Adelaide bulletin had Jane presenting in the studio and John live outside Adelaide Oval:

Next Saturday 7News Adelaide will be presented from Federation Square:

8 Likes

Haha. Strategising important coverage for news.

2 Likes

How about do a double with Peter Mitchell and Jessica.

7 Likes

How could an interstate bulletin get the privilege of presenting from Federation Square but not the local one? Peter Mitchell should do one the night before.

3 Likes

Because they’ve gone all that way, may as well make it worth the effort.

7 Likes

When did Seven Adelaide update that news set? For heavens sake who designed this garbage…Possibly the worst I have ever seen, have Seven not learnt anything from Nine in rolling out world class consistent looks across the country?

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the current set for Seven News Adelaide dates back to Early 2014.

Not an overly fantastic set, however there are others in the network (Brisbane/Gold Coast, Perth, Regional Queensland) that look worse IMO.

5 Likes

The current Adelaide set launched in 2014. IMO, it’s one of Seven’s better sets (Perth, RQLD, Brisbane/GC are deadful) not overly exciting but clean and professional. It was also designed to be multi-purpose for Today Tonight, which is when I think the set looks its best.

8 Likes

No.

If Adelaide wins, then they will want to see the local angles and celebrations of that, not Richmond reaction. Makes no sense whatsoever to do a multi-state bulletin on one of the biggest news stories of the year for Adelaide.

8 Likes

Whichever market gets a new Seven News set next, I’d imagine it would most likely have some level of inspiration from Nine News’ more recent set(s).

Although personally, I’d probably prefer to see Seven News upgrade to full HD production in every market (including airing pre-recorded elements and actual news reports in full HD) before they change other elements of the On-Air Presentation.

4 Likes

Hopefully Brisbane is next, that rear projection display is pre-historic!!

5 Likes