Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

There were some major problems with the weather presenting in Sydney’s 4PM and 6PM news tonight with the wrong images showing at the wrong time and poor Freya had to stumble her way through these problems, not that they were her problem; it was the control room’s fault!!

A special update shown during half time of AFL semi final telecast, with Alex Hart hosting in Sydney crossing to Ben Lewis in London reporting on this morning’s explosion on a commuter train.

4 Likes

7 news perth will have a second edition on Saturday after the footy on mate around 8.45pm

3 Likes

This edition of the news was indeed very odd. The start of course contained more info on the Eagles’ massive loss to the Giants while there were other stories included like the London tube attack and the North Korea nuclear threat as well as select local stories before the weather was read again and it finished, being only 15 minutes long. There were no headlines at the start or long closer at the end. I am still struggling to see what the point of it was; for all the people who were watching the footy to still see the news later on but in SD on the main channel while 7mate was still in HD. It is quite baffling.

Posted on 7 News Perths Facebook page and is a replicate to what’s displayed under the desk.

8 Likes

Love the end board on this newsbreak. Zoom out from Sydney CBD to space showing the globe spinning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAAcmd0tzLo

6 Likes

New graphic perth 4pm news

6 Likes

I’m getting some 2004 Seven News Promo vibes…

Also this:

11 Likes

Several weeks later, Melbourne appear to have caught up with Sydney, using the same font for the presentation of certain stories by Mitch as Sydney has been using lately.

And just when you think it’s dead and buried, 7News Brisbane has wins in both half hours on 2/3 nights so far this week…

4 Likes

Andrew Lofthouse is presenting solo on Nine this week. Possible connection?

2 Likes

While I certainly won’t say that Seven News Brisbane is that much better, they deserve to win in Brisbane far more than Nine’s current ‘news’ right now.

3 Likes

For the first time in years Seven News Perth will have a news experience area at the Perth royal show. Pretty similar to what we have seen in other states with the globe background, except there is also a weather presentation and a replicate of the Perth news desk. Samantha Jolly will also be presenting the 4pm and weather broadcast all week next week.

3 Likes

Melbourne and Queensland montages:

3 Likes

Seven claimed an exclusive interview with Tony Abbott’s attacker despite Nine’s Gabrielle Boyle doing the same interview. :blush:

1 Like

Brisbane’ news had this:

Do you have a clip?I thought Bill said, “In a Seven News exclusive…” Happy to be corrected.

Musher said exclusive in Sydney:

4 Likes

Bill said he has “spoken exclusively with Seven News”. To me it looks like Seven News got the interview but a Nine camera person recorded it with no Nine reporter there - so the interview as exclusive but the vision wasn’t. The Nine camera would have been to the left of the Seven reporter:

1 Like

Nine Sydney reporter Gabrielle Boyle was in Hobart:

But it could still mean you are right. Nevertheless, it is not an exclusive, IMO.