Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Saw a report on the Brisbane bulletin tonight for a shark attack at Iluka on the far north NSW coast.

Wondered who the journo was, where they travelled from to cover the story?

1 Like

As far as I can tell, Seven News Sydney reporter Laura Banks went up North for that report.

2 Likes

Thanks. Interesting use of resources when Brisbane is closer and a newsroom on the Gold Coast.

4 Likes

Some recent attempts by Seven News to mimic the new Nine studio in Brisbane.

I think it is just confusing to viewers with all the different angles and set ups being used currently.

These caps are from one bulletin on Wednesday

12 Likes

Looks ridiculous. Just keep it at what it used to be.

5 Likes

Here is a typical sequence tonight with the set-up even changing mid story.

Story opens

Mid story live cross

Lead out 2nd story about house fire

Next story

4 Likes

Can’t they just get a new set before they do all these stupid tweaks instead of trying to make an old set look functional and modern…

Is the Sydney studio the only bulletin produced in HD?

As far as I’m aware, Seven News Perth is (at least partially) produced in native HD.

Similar to the situation at Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five, only live camera shots and graphics are in HD on Sydney-based Seven News bulletins. All reports and other pre-recorded elements are in upconverted SD.

But it still goes to air in full SD right?

Seven Perth is fully HD, apart from some reports during the broadcast. :blush:

2 Likes

I think Adelaide’s might be. Not entirely sure as their studio was purpose built in 2006/7 IIRC. Maybe any other South Aussies can clarify?

Don’t agree. I think the lead in and out have a lot to do with it. While other states may have a win at 5.30 leading in, 7 in Brisbane frequently doesn’t. They have never really won that slot consistently since 9 dominated for so many years with Extra then Hot Seat.
Now ACA is winning frequently where H&A used to dominate.
It’s pretty hard to win when you lose either side…
Home and Away has to be moved in 2018.

1 Like

That picture quality from 7 News QLD is just terrible!

Behind the scenes footage from Seven Perth Studios during a telethon report (apologies for bad quality) Note that the newsroom background is actually Brisbane’s… This is evident the pilar next to Matt has the news logo, its also not visible in these frames but there is also a logo on the glass next to the control room.

7 Likes

After seeing the NBC news set in the NBC news thread I really think that for their next design Seven should partner up with Clickspring designs and create a multipurpose set like this one for China’s JSBC.

They really need to go with such a versatile and multipurpose design if they want to stay ahead of NIne.

1 Like

Currently showing in SEQ

Trying to get some of that Cat/Dog LOL audience to tune in :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

The set at the Royal Adelaide Show is exactly the same as the one at the EKKA in Brisbane, with the shipping containers. No logos can be seen in the updates they filmed from the iPad either!

4 Likes

I wonder if it’s the same one? Ekka’s in August, while the Adelaide Show is in September.

Some different style graphics in Melbourne

3 Likes