Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yeah I don’t know if using 3D virtual graphics with this set is such a good idea either…

1 Like

Looks like they’re trying to follow what Nine did last night.

1 Like

Any one have a Sydney News update of the blue eyed Mark Ferguson with the new ender graphic?

Well, I can now sleep well at night, knowing Mark Ferguson’s eye colour. :eye::stuck_out_tongue: Now being serious, Is the Promo any different to the previous ones?

3 Likes

I’m sure people in Melbourne are very interested in the local Sydney weather on the ticker this morning.

1 Like

Seven Gold Coast News from tonight incl Goldies announcement.

7 Likes

Sharyn and Bill have proven to be such a disaster.

2 Likes

One wonders if they should be pumping out numerous promos, like they do for a certain other anchor south of the border.

1 Like

So it appears 7News is airing at 7pm in VIC, NSW & ACT today because of the footy final?

2 Likes

That’s correct. It’s airing at 6:30pm in SA & 5pm in WA for the same reason. Only QLD will have it at its normal time of 6pm with an hour-long duration, whereas all other states will only have it for a half-hour duration.

2 Likes

This also means that in a very rare scenario, 4 of Seven’s local news bulletins will be airing simultaneously, starting and ending at the same time. All but Brisbane’s news’ this is which, as stated above, will carry on as per normal. The point I’m trying to make is normally WA would be the exception but this time it’s Queensland.

1 Like

Facebook post on the Perth page promoting the News on at 5pm due to the AFL: IMG_9507

3 Likes

There is another final playing at 6pm WA time. (West Coast and Port Adelaide)

2 Likes

The cam up quite high to make Samantha not look short next to the taller plasma :joy:

No rain data displayed:

And then this poor attempt at framing:

No break play-ins used tonight obviously to save time and then a straight fade to black to close.

7 Likes

For those curious, here’s the 7 News Experience at the Royal Adelaide Show. The news set has been significantly downsized from previous years, there used to be scaled replicas of the Adelaide desk set backdrops.

There are three shipping containers: the first one is split in half for the news experience and a footy target; the middle is a billboard; the final one is split in half for a sideways kitchen set for MKR and a nothing space.

The news experience was filmed on an iPad Pro: they used their own app designed for the show that scrolled the autocue and filmed the news experience.

7 Likes

Jesus can it get any smaller lol

12 Likes

What would a Seven News “experience” be without a huge globe for a background.

19 Likes

ummm… wow - in a bad way! It isn’t much of an experience if someone can spread out their arms more than the width of this new show set is it? :wink: haha

Last year’s Adelaide Show 7 News experience ‘set’ was pretty good I thought. There are a few pictures of it on Twitter e.g.:

6 Likes

A shame that last year’s more screen-accurate set is now going disused.

I wonder if Southern Cross would take it for GTS/BKN news? :joy:

2 Likes

or Seven Perth for that matter

3 Likes