Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I liked the flashback to Ann Sanders outside Buckingham Palace almost 20 years ago in the wake of Diana’s death, in tonight’s report from Hugh Whitfeld.

I do wonder though can anyone say what they did in other states? In particular Melbourne, did they show a clip of Peter Mitchell breaking the news? He was the first in Australia to do it I believe…

Did other states include their own clips?

There was also a short clip of the 7News opener of the time with Ross Symonds.

5 Likes

Brisbane used the opener from the Queensland bulletin and Anne Sanders from the funeral.

Seven’s funeral coverage was co-hosted by David Johnston.

10 Likes

Susannah Carr also did some commentating on the funeral.

3 Likes

Ann was also shown in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Did they also show the Sydney news opener? Surely not? How lazy if so.

1 Like

Well the iPad made a return in the opener of Sydney’s afternoon news today so it doesn’t appear to be a one-off after all. If it is indeed permanent, then I do agree that it should not be in view of the camera during the opener; at least not propped up on its stand like that ruining the nice view of Sydney in the opener :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: It was also in the opener of the main news at 6PM too!! Do the producers not know how shocking it looks :-1::-1:

5 Likes

You just think someone, anyone, could have let Chris Reason know his tie was loose.

1 Like

So funny how everyone in the promo says ‘Mark Ferguson’ like he’s some sort of figure of authority when most of us know what what we really think about him and his presenting :smirk: Btw I didn’t think Chris’ tie was loose in that promo; it looked like it was on the way ties should be to me

1 Like

A look at some of the different colours used for the backdrop OTS:

Old vs. New:

The “Coming up in Sport” tease has also been updated to reflect the sport throw backdrop:

And the Fuel Watch graphic was updated a week or two ago to include an average price:

8 Likes

As seen in Queensland on 7Mate - “Nobody knows footy like Seven news.”

7 Likes

And WA too!! I saw this and nearly LOLed that they let the Melbourne news promo slip through nationally :joy::joy:

4 Likes

An instant blooper. Hahahaaha. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

Did anyone get video of it?

Video of Seven News Melbourne promo seen on 7Mate Queensland. Some promos were seen “in-program” hence the Melbourne one slipping through and the presence of the watermark. The Hell’s Kitchen promo that followed would have been a local insert.

Note - the original broadcast order of the promos was Little Big Shots, Seven News, Hell’s Kitchen, but I thought you would want to see the Seven News one first.

7 Likes

Brisbane newsroom yesterday - looks untidy.

3 Likes

When Mark crossed to Chris Reason in the newsroom to discuss the North Korea hydrogen bomb crisis, the same control room backdrop that has been in use in Sydney’s afternoon news for the crossover to the 6PM presenter was used rather than a backdrop of the actual newsroom, which is what I thought was actually used for these sorts of live reports during the 6PM news.

1 Like

Would’ve looked better if he just came downstairs on set.

(Credit: @ScreenTower)

7 Likes

Same vision was used in Perth as well

1 Like

6 Likes

I like how they are trying to incorporate these types of graphics, however it just looks so out of place with that set. Whats with the lighting its almost as if channel 7 is getting hit with the missile and the emergency lights have activated…

8 Likes