Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I actually find Adelaide’s set too simple and bland. However I agree it works well for TT - especially the newsroom background behind Rosanna

4 Likes

To add to Perth’s already crap presentation - there is no more opening wide shot. The bulletin now goes from the titlecard straight to the single presenter shot.

2 Likes

That’s been done in the past when a presenter is solo on weeknights, don’t understand why but yeah

1 Like

But what’s odd is there is a wide shot on the weekends when it’s Angela Tsun presenting. :confused:

But it doesn’t happen on weekends when Anglea Tsun presents the news

Yeah its strange, my theory is that it probably has something to do with the control room staff being different on weekends

1 Like

There’s a new Fergo promo out that features all of Seven’s Sydney & international reporters talking about how experienced Mark Ferguson is, and ends with a group shot of all the reporters/presenters on the Harbour.

12 Likes

That sounds appallingly bad.

4 Likes

I’m sure Media Spy’s biggest fan of Mark Ferguson (You know who you are! :wink:) will love this promo.

Personally I haven’t seen it yet, but will be on the lookout. Judging by that description from AvidViewer though, it doesn’t sound great.

4 Likes

Turn off

4 Likes

ooooh. How excited I am :star_struck:

1 Like

1 Minute Version of the previously mentioned new promo for Seven News Sydney:

20 Second Version

There’s also an updated “Mark Ferguson” endtag for the topical promos and (presumably) also for use as an Update Endtag:

Video of a promo featuring Fergo’s new endtag, for what it’s worth!

7 Likes

Every bit as awful as I had expected.

I quite like the execution with the montage of reporters building a narrative but they have seriously got to find something new to talk about.

I hope they get their asses whipped by CBS.

5 Likes

I am actually disappointed with that promo TBH. The camera angles are awful and it is a poor imitation of Melbourne’s latest promo, celebrating Mitch’s tenure. I do like the harbour backdrop though, but saying ‘Australia’s number 1 news’ just seems weird. Perhaps ‘Sydney’s News’?

Great to see Angela Cox featured in the endtag.

I actually was expecting a promo more similar to this:

2 Likes

Is Angela a Sydney reporter now?

Yes when she returns from her holidays she will probably continue reporting and some fill in newsreading.
l think we will see her doing a lot of newsreading on Sydney and national news bulletins over summer later in the year.

5 Likes

43 PM
Hopefully its not a new trend, looks out of place if you ask me…

7 Likes

The writing on the ‘special backdrops’ behind Mark has changed yet again…

I thought she had just forgotten to put the iPad away before the bulletin started today :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Sorry about the shonky internet, but doesn’t look too bad. I assume the colours used vary to suit the graphics.

2 Likes

There was a travel report shown with Freya Cole in Sydney before the news headlines in the final part of the news today. This was a bit weird.

1 Like