Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seven Brisbane have been throwing in a few random new shots recently, I think in response to Nine’s new set. To me it looks very disjointed.

Also seen tonight

Lots of these

With random stories getting this treatment (I would agree with the text in the first cap)

15 Likes

While watching random videos about the history of West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers, I came across some TVW-7 footage within the Dockers’ history video, containing footage of TVW-7 from the late 90s, the Seven Nightly News set (from a distance) and vision of the TVW-7 helicopter with the old 1989 Split 7 Circle Logo branding.

But what most caught my attention was the possibly only audio sample of the Seven Nightly News Perth Intro circa late 1990s available on the internet, played in the background!

“With Sussanah Carr, and Rick Ardon, this is Seven Nightly News.”

Shame no vision of the Bulletin.

(Hope embedding this worked, but if it didn’t, look up “Birth of the Fremantle Dockers Pt 4” and go to 5:05 of the video)

Caps (Cause I’m nice :stuck_out_tongue:):

Appears TVW-7 had their own unique branding for the call-sign at the time.

6 Likes

Random question, but if Broadcast Centre is the hub for Seven Network, why is production of national news and breakfast TV centred on Sydney? Would it not be easier to have production of the “national feed” based in the same location as playout?

Seven’s 4.30 News and the East Coast edition of Today Tonight was produced from Melbourne during the Early-Mid 2000s, but production of those moved up to Sydney in 2006-07.

But aside from that, I’m pretty sure that Seven producing the majority of their national news/current affairs programs out of Sydney predates the existence of BCM let alone Martin Place. It’s to my understanding that during the pre-2004 Epping studio days, Seven had Sunrise, the Morning News, the Late News (between 1995 and 2003), the former 11AM program and probably numerous other national news/current affairs being produced in Sydney.

So I daresay that history (and the fact that the other networks have their news/current affairs production bases in Sydney) would be the reason why Seven centres the production of news/current affairs programs in Sydney.

1 Like

Makes no difference with technology the way it is today.

And are any national media outlets not primarily based in Sydney? It’s just where the main bases have always been.

1 Like

Wasn’t Seven Afternoon News produced out of Melbourne for a while with Rebecca Maddern? Ah the good old days of Seven’s Arvo news.

5 Likes

The 7NEWS ratings in Brisbane are becoming horrendous! Home and away isn’t helping.

2 Likes

Sure was. Also had a pre recorded shot of Maddern at the start the opener.

4 Likes

Last night was their worst result of the 2017 survey and as reported last week was their worst of the survey so far - rating lower than Seven Perth.

1 Like

And they still refuse to put Kay back on weeknights.

3 Likes

That would mean they would have to admit they made a HUGE mistake.

1 Like

But is that the answer?
Kay is great, but there’s nothing wrong with Sharyn and Bill. Really, there isn’t. Melissa and Andrew on 9 are no better either, so why the difference in ratings?
Lots of jokes on here about Aldi, but is it the trashy content on 9 that is appealing?
It’s probably only the improved 5.30 ratings that are stopping 7News ratings from being even worse.
Are people turning over at 6 in readiness for ACA at 7? Dunno…
Something has definitely changed though… H&A used to consistently beat ACA in Brisbane. Wins are rare now.
I’d hate to see H&A go the way of Neighbours but it’s just not cutting it at 7pm any more.
A mix of ACA trash and Project style at 7? Premiere it over Christmas to give it a run before ratings in feb, then tweak it, and wedge it in between the news and nightly coverage during the Olympics and Commonwealth Games?

@spw68 you only have to look at how Seven went from dominating to being dominated in a matter of time when Kay and Rod were swapped for Sharyn and Bill.

2 Likes

Maybe…
But last year was very close.

Can anyone tell me why, why, whyyyyy there is breaking news text on those screens?? When the story happened hours earlier…

2 Likes

The many looks of Seven News Brisbane

6 Likes

I’m guessing because Nine is also doing it, like the reasoning (probably) is for a lot of On-Air Presentation elements at Seven News!

I agree that it’s ridiculous to say that a story that happened hours ago is “Breaking News” though.

2 Likes

Do you think Nine was any better?

6 Likes

The red “Breaking News” mode on the sets of both networks looks quite over the top IMO.

6 Likes

I would also list Adelaide as one of the top Seven News sets, especially for TT.

1 Like