Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The whole waving thing at the end of the bulletin is utterly ridiculous… I don’t understand it at all. Looks so inferior. Tony Auden is great though. Brisbane is lucky to have him. Just as Sydney is so lucky to have Brownie… Meanwhile Melbourne crickets

5 Likes

Oh man, that live cross to Vivien von Drehnen on the Ekka merry-go-round is something just begging to be replayed on a comedy show!

2 Likes

To be fair, Jane Bunn does have a pretty popular presence on social media with over 14,000 Twitter followers. It’s just her delivery that seems to be a problem.

2 Likes

Melbourne relies on Jane being a draw card. You’d be surprised I think!

4 Likes

From a story earlier in the week - shows video that I think was Seven News exclusive hence the BIG watermark

7 Likes

Going by The Royal Adelaide Show’s Instagram, Seven News are set to upgrade their 7 Studio this year. Usually it’s just a small set tucked into a corner of one of the pavilions, so this looks pretty good in comparison (complete with early 2000s branding).

11 Likes

Wow love he colored logos! Will they maybe be returning soon? Hm…

2 Likes

Perth afternoon news now has First at 4 Perth bug like the one used in Sydney’s afternoon news.

4 Likes

Has this changed the opener?

3 Likes

An improvement. Was hoping they’d add the “First At 4” Bug, hopefully more tweaks are coming…

3 Likes

Only saw the final part of the news so I saw the bug but it does not appear anything else has changed yet

1 Like

No changed to the opener

1 Like

Hmmm…seems like the bug will be implemented in stages like how the afternoon news was locally launched.

2 Likes

Caps of the “First At 4 Perth” Bug via Facebook video:

IMG_6393

IMG_6394

IMG_6395

IMG_6396

7 Likes

Seven News started at appropriately 6:05pm in Melbourne tonight.

Due to the AFL running overtime.

Unfortunately for Seven, the game wasn’t close in the end, will affect the ratings no doubt.

It happens.

2 Likes

It seems we do now have something during The Chase, though it is a very quick update introducing one story only. Regular ‘full-length’ updates are done by Jane and John, and Rosanna appears in daily Today Tonight story previews

8 Likes

Still looks very polished. Seven Adelaide I would argue have the highest quality Seven news bulletin in Australia.

7 Likes

Rosanna also does a voice-over update in the 2pm hour complete with a fancy little strap advertising the 4pm bulletin.

3 Likes

I have noticed this week that 6pm Brisbane now uses the plasma OTS like Melbourne, with a tight single-presenter shot.

2 Likes

Was going to ask. I saw about 30 secs of the news tonight but thought the background behind Bill was different for that story.

1 Like