Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Jessica Adamson, Adelaide’s main 6PM presenter tonight.

Edit: In fact, was it not just their main news bulletin at half time of the Port v Collingwood game; they do this all the time for twilight games. It isn’t anything new or a special 5PM bulletin or anything.

1 Like

This was because 7 are showing the Port Adelaide vs Collingwood game and put 7News on during half time. This was not them testing the waters with a new bulletin.

3 Likes

See above, I figured this out but why did @TheEditor think it was something new? I thought this wouldn’t be the case

1 Like

They literally said five words. Not once did they mention anything about it being new.

4 Likes

Seven Brisbane’s new set revealed tonight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: Video now posted

9 Likes

You’ve got to be kidding me…

6 Likes

Oh no! This looks awfully similar to Perth’s horrific virtual graphics that they use for certain weather related reports. Why have Brisbane copied Perth on something that we all hate; if they’re going to copy something, it could at least be an aspect from one of the other news’ around the country that we like!

6 Likes

AND very poorly implemented - as you can see the faux studio background moved during this report and to totally destroy the illusion the story continued with Kay McG crossing live to the same reporter outside the RBH to find out if there was anything more to report on the condition of the crashed pilot (as you need to of course).

7 Likes

I really don’t get Seven News’ obsession with those faux-newsroom/control room chroma key backdrops which probably would’ve looked tacky a decade ago!

3 Likes

Well it wasn’t a 5PM bulletin, it was a half-time bulletin of an AFL game and @Tom_TV7 did have a response where he thought it was a new thing but he deleted it. The way he said it as ‘local 5PM’ made me think it was like the 4PM news’ on weekdays like how everywhere now gets their own local news then and Adelaide saw a different news than Angie Asimus’ national 5PM bulletin today in that slot. I’m sorry that I got confused then but not everyone knew there was a twilight Port game on tonight…

2 Likes

My bad. Should have looked it up before I posted. Apologies. As you were…

1 Like

Pretty sure that blue part of the backdrop with the monitors can be found if you google chroma key “studio” set backgrounds.

2 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

14 Likes

Wow…

6 Likes

Where have I seen that design before…

8 Likes

Funny quote just before the backdrop appears was “Really hard to understand what’s going on and how that happened.” :grinning:

Video

Not sure why they didn’t go with this sort of presentation that is regularly used.

7 Likes

Brownie is actually at Observatory Hill in Sydney for the weather report in the morning news today! Has anything like this ever happened before, in the morning news bulletin that is? In fact I can’t remember the last time Brownie presented the weather outside of the studio, at least for as long as he’s been in Sydney.

2 Likes

Local news from the Ekka this afternoon

5 Likes

A slightly different look for the Brisbane weather.

5 Likes

Quality journalism on show tonight

I get that the Ekka stories are often light and fluffy, but some really gimmicky vision on display tonight including some inane waving in the closer (to the total ambivalence of the rest of the team); it was cute the first 50 times!

PS: Ten News had a very clever funny piece on the Ekka tonight by Mark Suleau - it involved breaking records and counting cats.

9 Likes