Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

He could have just walked downstairs to the studio, instead he did the report from the newsroom.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20708209_10209825302613786_6288384540119022541_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=25c0c2c0d8dae41590e72a5408c0870e&oe=59F9017E
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20727926_10209825302813791_850340616750339331_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0b664bc060a5efdefc13d28e14e4d2a5&oe=5A2719A7

7 Likes

I prefer the newsroom crosses personally.

3 Likes

I like newsroom crosses for other reporters etc since I often think of the desk as being reserved for the main presenters of that particular news bulletin and of course the spot beside them for the sport presenter only for the sport segments. I tend to think of presenters as being more ‘higher up’ in the news hierarchy to reporters if you known what I mean, reporters report to presenters so only the presenters sit in the actual studio with reporters being distanced from them.

1 Like

Melbourne backdrop looking good at this time of year.

19 Likes

How can we get the live shot back in perth

3 Likes

Perhaps personally message Howard or David on Twitter? After seeing the live cam on Sunrise Perth News daily, in a way its good they don’t use it as the background because the quality is actually dreadful, but thats no excuse as they can upgrade the camera.

3 Likes

Wish we still got the McMahons’ Point one here in Sydney instead of that cheap rip off Nine one.

1 Like

Wish we got a new set in Sydney. The all blue is a turn off for me.

1 Like

Sydney received a new set last year. Surely they can modify the colours without a new set.

Melbourne has been stuck with the old Sydney set (the one before the previous set) since 2012 and it still seems fine.

3 Likes

I like the Melbourne and previous pre 2015 modified Sydney set.

IMO Brisbane and Perth are both in far more desperate need than Melbourne set-wise.

8 Likes

This might not be a popular opinion with everyone but personally, I think Robert Ovadia is extremely overrated as a reporter and fill-in presenter…and that’s putting it mildly!

I think that (and the liveshot which is near identical to Nine’s) is part of their attempt at trying to impress Nine News Sydney viewers.

Of course it also has to be said that unlike Nine with it’s multiple studios, Seven News Sydney has to share their studio (including some set elements) with Sunrise, The Morning Show and The Daily Edition!

Seven also launched their current Sydney/national news set almost a year before Nine News Sydney brought in their current news set. Along with the tweaks Seven News has made since the set first launch (not to mention the content, presenters, etc.), I’m hardly surprised that Seven News comes off as being “second best” compared to Nine News in the Sydney market for many people.

5 Likes

This is getting really cringey and doesn’t give us any useful information

5 Likes

Which is why everyone ignored it.

8 Likes

Channel 7’s Kendall Gilding says ratings win a ‘beautiful reward

CHANNEL 7 Queensland’s 4pm news bulletin, fronted by the network’s young star Kendall Gilding, turns two on Thursday having already won the ratings year for the first time.

The program has so far claimed 21 weeks of the 40-week official calendar, with the rival bulletin on Channel 9 having won just two, putting Seven in an unbeatable position.

9 Likes

Is the cam behind Matt Tinney on Sunrise Perth News live? I didn’t think it was; I thought it was just a static picture of Perth, just a different and definitely much better variation than the other ‘boat’ shot that we have to live with in the news at 6PM…

1 Like

I personally think that Kendall actually have the talent to become a good presenter. Many say she’s robotic, but you could also say that most of Nine’s junior talents were robotic from the start. She isn’t that good yet, but I think she has the talents IMO.

7 Likes

PR teams working overtime.

3 Likes

@Mitchell_Nock they use the live cam before they show the local weather, the background is not live.

2 Likes

Happy birthday :candle: :candle:

First bulletin, 2 years ago was live from RNA.

9 Likes