Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

As if Perth’s shocking new afternoon news could get any worse, I was just watching a record of yesterday’s afternoon news and in the opener Sam Jolly was still saying ‘You’re watching Seven’s 4:30 news live from Perth coming up…’ :confused::open_mouth:

Edit: Now I’ve also found that not only is the look ahead to TT shown once during the bulletin, it is actually shown twice would you believe, once just before 4:30 and again at around 4:45. This is absolutely unbelievable, it shouldn’t even be there at all really, if anything just a look ahead to the 6PM news definitely not promoting the trashy tabloid stuff we’re forced to see at 6:30 each night…

3 Likes

Perth afternoon news preview

4 Likes

Gee if only the afternoon news looked as polished as this.

3 Likes

At least that looks fairly decent. The rest though… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Does anyone have recordings of the Perth afternoon news?

Was that Sydney Set meant to be rolled out nationally? Surely like the twisted metal era they want consistency across the cities. They appeared to have stalled on this front. Seven need to review who is designing these sets it’s utter garbage what’s on screen now and that Sunrise/Seven upgrade recently was subpar.

Or did they realise how poor it was when Nine came out all guns blazing with that world class set and associated technology?

3 Likes

This shocked me, really it does!! Seven Perth has the capabilities to produce a chroma key thing like Seven Sydney does for their 4PM News throughout the afternoon and as they did for the national 4PM news before this week, but somehow can’t put a decent bulletin together properly :thinking: Their pre 4PM news segments do seem better than the actual thing. I seriously didn’t think they would bother with the whole chroma key thing throughout the day for the 4PM news, they would just show the short 5 second promo for Sam Jolly’s 4PM news they’ve been running during the news if you know what I’m talking about, which is also similar to what Brisbane do for their afternoon news with Kendall Gilding at the spots in the ad breaks when Sydney show their chroma key thing; show a 5 second promo for this. I could get caps showing what I mean if you are a tad confused with what I’m saying here.

I was also watching Adelaide’s new 4PM news and other associated news updates after 3:00. Rosanna does not present their afternoon news updates now, it is still either Jane or John it looks like and they actually don’t have a proper ‘Next at 4’ update with Rosanna like other places, even Perth, has just before the start of the news. Rather they just show a short 20 second promo for the news at 6 like I’ve seen them show during The Chase Australia in the past with Jane and John’s voiceover. They really should have a proper ‘Next at 4’ update really though, like other places.

Also, @nationalnews Adelaide are still using the below endtag for their updates with Jane, John & Rosanna standing together, at least for their 3:00 hour news update when I got it today. This is why I was suggesting Perth do something similar with Rick, Sue & Monika with a Perth background for Seven News & TT to connect them more in terms of their promos anyway since a lot of people, like me, see them as one program anyway.

5 Likes

Brownie fist-pumped Ann at the end of today’s afternoon news in Sydney. Classic!

10 Likes

20 Likes

The real question here is why would you want a recording of it in its current state? It is absolutely shocking!!

Another new Jane Bunn promo in Melbourne

3 Likes

If it’s not a Mark Ferguson promo, I don’t want to know about it.

Regards,

Antonio (Ferguson)

Everybody, please welcome Mark Ferguson to Media Spy!

10 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome Tom, It’s a pleasure for all you guys to be graced by my presence.

I look forward to becoming the Number 1 news man in Sydney. I am thrilled you have all made the switch to me.

See you on Sunday at 6pm for the latest.

Regards,

Studly Fergo!

1 Like

When there’s clear evidence that Sydney TV news viewers would rather watch not only Peter Overton, but also Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight over Fergo, I’m not sure if I can believe that Mark Ferguson is “Sydney’s Number 1 Newsman”!

Mind you, the lead presenter isn’t the only problem with Seven News Sydney right now. The content also needs working on. One of Sydney’s promoted “Special Reports” earlier in the week was about how to save money on car insurance green slips! There’s a time and place on TV for these sorts of consumer reports, but it’s not the 6pm news.

7 Likes

the cringe is strong with this one

5 Likes

S E N D N E W S
E
N
D
N
E
W
S

7 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. Fergo has already lost the ratings for this year.

5 Likes

The first three have personality and flare. Fergo has none.

2 Likes

Cumon guys, make the switch to this guy already. You know you want to.

You all know your tv’s are on Seven at 6pm and don’t pretend their not, otherwise you wouldn’t be on this page commenting on everything Seven News and Mark Ferguson

5 Likes