Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

To add to this, they didn’t even breakaway from the couple of updates to the 6pm Sydney News with Mark. They previously did this…

2 Likes

@WATV I am well aware I can message him. They don’t actually care, and they won’t respond. Just like I saw you tweeted Howard asking for a live background… they don’t respond and they don’t care what News appearance enthusiasts opinions are, they only want know you if you have a good story for them. They only conform to public pressure from numerous complaints e.g the changing of the theme in 2013/14

4 Likes

A slow day in the Seven Perth Newsroom? That was last week’s News, and it’s no longer even the case as they plan to keep it as a free downloadable App on the Windows Store… :confused:

9 Likes

Re-Opener:
“Just on 4:30, welcome back to our Martin Place Headquarters, these are our top stories on Seven.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53nm_0OQOkY

4 Likes

Don’t often catch the afternoon promos, so not sure how new it is, but pretty sure I just heard a kind of orchestral version of the theme on a ‘tonight at 6’ promo end board in Adelaide.

3 Likes

Not the first time I’ve noticed this sort of lag for 7 News on Facebook. Think it must have something to do with algorithms / reach as it definitely seems intentional with some of the other slowpoke posts they’ve made.

2 Likes

The abbreviations on the weather flipper were increased to four characters (bringing us such gems as RICH, HORN, CANT, BOND, CAMP and LIVE!) on today’s 2nd edition of Seven News First At 4 Sydney.

Also for whatever reason, tonight’s first “Next At 6.00” Update for Seven News Sydney during The Chase Australia was presented live (and aired in native HD) while the others appeared to be pre-recorded just before airtime (and shown in upconverted SD) like most of the updates are.

For what they’re worth, a couple of screencaps showing the picture quality difference:

6 Likes

Adelaide’s local afternoon news included a live cross to CommSec in finance today. Did other markets insert a cross for their local news too?

5 Likes

Interestingly, Sydney’s local Afternoon News opts to have it’s live crosses for Finance to Macquarie Bank (which of course is just across the road from Seven’s Sydney news studios!).

2 Likes

Yes for Queensland

Seen during bulletin - Sydney and Brisbane news rooms?

7 Likes

Here’s caps I got from Sydney and Adelaide 4pm bulletins today:

8 Likes

Is the Adelaide backdrop animated?

2 Likes

Yes, the clouds move in timelapse kind of fashion towards the camera/view and the glass animates sideways.

@Abesty Nice one! I missed the start of Adelaide’s bulletin yet again so this is the first I’ve seen of the titlecard :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think we can all agree that the Afternoon News in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide shits all over what Perth has put out. If they can’t do a proper afternoon news they might as well stream the Sydney bulletin down with the local cut-away as usual.

4 Likes

It’s almost like Seven saw my rant about Perths afternoon news and decided to implement things in every other market than Perth…

8 Likes

I think adelaides presentqtion elements is the best looking afternoon bulletin on 7 in my opinion. It’s streets ahead of Melbourne and Brisbane!

2 Likes

Rosanna was fantastic on the Adelaide afternoon bulletin, and the presentation graphics are miles ahead of the other bulletins.

For those interested, here are links to today’s bulletin from the 7 News Adelaide FB page:

Opening story OTS
Breaking news narration
"Glass ‘7’" landscape
Valley View nursing home story
Vegemite OTS

Hopefully the use of OTS will spread to the 6pm bulletin.

6 Likes

Topped off with a fantastic presenter in Rosanna. Talents seems to be wasted on tabloid junk before the arvo news.

3 Likes

The 4pm Sydney bulletin/set looks better than the 6pm Sydney bulletin!

8 Likes

The presenters on the 4pm news (in Sydney) are far more superior than the 6pm news.

11 Likes