Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

same shit opener same shit presentation disappointed but not suprised

9 Likes

Unless I missed it there wasn’t even a mention of the new localised 4pm news in either Friday’s or Sunday’s 6pm bulletin. Paul was filling in on TT on Friday so maybe there might have been had Rosanna been presenting that day?

4 Likes

5 Likes

Just what I feared, a bump-up. :anguished: No improvements to the Presentation, no improvements to the format to make up the most of a whole hour, not even the changes that the other states have received. It’s just a 30 minute bump-up. :unamused:

I feel that since Seven Perth know that they’ve dominated the News ratings for decades, they don’t feel the need to make improvements to enhance the Bulletins to make them stand-out, which is really disappointing, as Perth feels like the most dated Bulletin format compared to the other states. :sweat:

The hype of the Virtual Set (I know you all hated it :stuck_out_tongue:) by Seven Perth made it feel like we would get a more utilised set, but I feel like its use has been extremely underwhelming since they adopted it back in 2015. Nine Live Perth is still clearly the more superior Bulletin, and Seven Perth could of made an opportunity to make it on par with it. :unamused:

5 Likes

The intro to the afternoon bulletin is absolutely woeful. Can hardly understand what the voice over guy is saying.

1 Like

For what they’re worth, a couple of clips from today’s Seven News First At 4 Sydney.

“Next At 4.00” Update
Opener

7 Likes

Sorry but what is with that cross to mark in that control room thing, can’t he just Walk down the fking stairs and be in the studio to tell what’s coming up at 6

6 Likes

How’s that alliteration going?

This is Seven Sydney Afternoon News.

That opener logo also looks spalled together. The regular Afternoon News opener (with local backdrop) with “Sydney” beneath (like the local QLD bulletins) would’ve looked much more polished.

7 Likes

Overview of Sevens Afternoon News in Perth

• Presentation was disgusting, crap opener and always has been I mean the photo used in the Title card looks like a dust storm hit Perth… They always go on in Seven News how tourism is low in Perth well maybe show a decent picture of the city that doesn’t look like Mars…

• There was no finance… was hoping they might do something local and do a live cross to Bank West or something for a market report like what used to be done nationally.

• If your going to have an OTS bloody hell display something other than a logo on it…

• Instead of crossing to the GWN7 Newsroom for 15 seconds just include regional stories maybe might fill in some of the time that is being wasted.

• Geoffrey Thomas (Aviation expert as seen on Sunrise is located in the Perth Newsroom) maybe bring him into the studio and interview him about the terrorism scare concerning airports… if only you used your resources more…

• Sport only went for 5mins 11 Seconds and only featured 2 or 3 reports which was a waste of breath if you ask me.

Overall it was horrible, and its all the fault of Howard Gretton (Director) and David Cooper (Assistant Director) who were actually former reporters on Seven News at should know better. I honestly hope Nine Perth beats them in this afternoon news battle to teach them a lesson. I honestly hope they read this for once in there life and listen to viewers.

8 Likes

So, how was it on SC Tas?

Once again, Sydney and Adelaide comes out smelling like roses with the launch of their afternoon news. Melbourne, Brisbane and (especially) Perth could certainly learn a lot more from them.

7 Likes

Those two are beyond hopeless. There is so much potental - even for a juggernaut the likes of 7 Perth. But those boofheads just plain sail along probably drinking tea and eating iced vovo’s. [mmm].

4 Likes

Could not agree with you all more on everything. I am absolutely IN LOVE with Sydney’s new afternoon news; it could not be any better really and the local weather included in the banner at the bottom and First at 4 Sydney bug I really wasn’t expecting :grin::grin:

Adelaide’s afternoon news from the caps looks great too.

Perth’s however was absolute shit and even that word doesn’t do it any justice but I come to expect that from Perth. It was just like an extension of the 4:30 news with national news included. The opener is horrible, the weather too brief at the end and needs a presenter, Perth needs a look ahead to 6PM news like other states not TT or GWN7 News and finance needs to be included plus a whole lot more that I won’t go into here. I hope Howard Gritton reads this but he probably doesn’t.

I think that’s about it for my take on the whole situation :grinning:

3 Likes

Nine News Perth and Seven News Perth compete on how different they can do things from the rest of the network but yet always come out looking the worst in the country. Obsession with rendered skylines are a huge thing here.

4 Likes

The overall quality of TV news in Australia’s five main capital cities (from content to presenter/reporter teams and even the On-Air Presentation) probably goes something like this, in order from best to worst…

Sydney > Melbourne > Adelaide > Brisbane > Perth.

4 Likes

I am really impressed, from what I’ve seen here, of Sydney and especially Adelaide’s presentation of the new local Afternoon News.

@Mitchell_Nock , for what it’s worth, IMO Brisbane’s local Afternoon News has a decent format and Melbourne does vary their presentation for different stories.

4 Likes

I didn’t comment on their afternoon news’ because they haven’t changed obviously. I only commented on the three that have been altered. I do like the idea of a banner in the afternoon news and the standing presentation Melbourne has. Brisbane’s isn’t very exciting but at least it’s better than Perth’s.

@SydneyCityTV the ‘Next at 4’ update was virtually the same as it used to be in terms of what Ann said, only the background was different; you’d have thought she would have emphasised the ‘Sydney Seven News at 4’ here right?

@NewsAustralia I do believe Melbourne do a similar thing in their afternoon news, with Jacqui crossing to Mitch in the newsroom with what is coming up in the news at six. I actually like this change most of all with Mark now interacting with Ann directly using the half screen graphic; Ann on one side, Mark on the other. In addition, I am in fact a fan of the control room graphics behind Mark here, it looks really good to me. Also, I think Perth’s ‘Next at 4’ update was the best part of their updated afternoon news, actually using the ‘Next at 4’ tag that usually only Sydney has been using.

5 Likes

Seven Sydney had forgotten the Prime7 guys since then. What a disappointment, but there’s room for improvement.

Instead on complaining on media spy forum why don’t you take the complaint straight to the source in this case 7 news Perth director Howard Gretton
I wonder what Howard’s response would be???

2 Likes

No switch to the Melbourne bulletin as I suspected. Southern Cross aired the new localised Sydney Afternoon News. Would’ve made sense to make the switch straight away but maybe eventually they will. I’m not at all surprised they didn’t.

4 Likes