Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Is it normal for the Saturday “Seven News at 5” bulletin to air in Queensland at 4:30pm?

It is on in QLD today from 4:30pm - 5:00pm local time.

Sounded very weird having it say “This is Seven News at 5”, when it was actually 4:30.

Kinda depressing promo. Less a compelling argument for watching a bulletin than it is a cruel reminder of the ravages of time on attractive people.

Thanks @JackMelbTV. If you are able, another montage of the bulletin of the local afternoon news would be great to see how much they improved on their first broadcast.

I think the graphics are a little in your face and OTT in size. Seven News with a new look, should ditch the blue and go with red, black and grey soon.

It has happened once before but then the clock still said 5 o’clock.

1 Like

I too was very disappointed with the lack of year in review coverage.

Fergo’s haircut hasnt changed since his stint at Tamworth!

1 Like

Did any network do a news review .Sunrise did a rap today but it wasn’t a dedicated 1/2hr of what happen 2015 .those famous words "Times They Are a Changing "

Damn. Has anybody got video of the one Sunrise did today? They were meant to do it on the 31st!

Hair and make up do an excellent job disguising the MPB, don’t they?

IIRC it wasn’t anything to write home about.

Spotted a slightly longer version of the Mark Ferguson promo airing in Sydney tonight. For what it’s worth, here it is if you want to see it again!

Do we know who the person is doing the end VO? It does sound a bit dated/out of place but I like it in a weird way…?

1 Like

I just need to say again how tacky that promo is. Awful. Two different voice overs too. Don’t get it.

I think there are a couple of points or reasons with the ‘new’ voiceover at the end. He does sound quite older and with that comes the idea of being revered. Seven News is really taking pointers from NBC as of late. NBC also has an older man voicing some of their promos. That’s the inspiration I believe. It’s just a psychology behind trust and experience.

Also I think the fact that they used him at the end was for climactic effect.

Overall a good promo. I like the classic feel they’re going with, for some reason I have some confidence with a relaunch in the new few weeks.

1 Like

7 New Queensland mis-spells one of Queensland’s major rivers - the Diamantina River

Twitter
https://twitter.com/7NewsQueensland/status/683211985006141440

and Facebook 7 News Queensland

His extraordinary video of the Diamintina River coming to life has reached more than 1.5 million people on Facebook.

FULL VIDEO: Redirecting...

ABC News 24 did as did Sunrise and Today.

But it appears Sunrise waited until January 2 to do it!

1 Like

Seven poaches Nine producer

Sounds like Roger Climpson, anyone?

1 Like

Definitely not.

Let’s hope we start to see some changes!

1 Like