Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Well you obviously didn’t watch the video that @SydneyCityTV posted so here it is! https://youtu.be/l1hU1XCfPlI

3 Likes

Okay sorry, I wasn’t thinking of this promo of mashed up bits and pieces of Mark presenting which I don’t believe is in a high rotation of showing on 7 in Sydney anyway. I was thinking of their individual promos for each night on 7 News about a specific report and their news update endtag where I am positive they do not say Mark Ferguson’s name at all but it is in the endtag. They only actually say his name in this style promo.

How embarrassing that in a industry built on trust you can continually lie to your viewers and get away with it.

2 Likes

I get that Seven are referring to their ratings position on a national basis when they say they’re “Australia’s No.1” or “Australia’s Most Watched News”. I’d have no issues if they said that in a network-wide promo for Seven News.

But using those lines in promos specifically for the Sydney 6pm bulletin? I personally think that’s pretty dodgy when we all know how Seven News with Mark Ferguson is largely behind Nine in the Sydney ratings.

Why can’t Seven go with “Sydney’s Fastest Growing News Service” or something a little more truthful as a promotional slogan for their Sydney 6pm news bulletin?

Doesn’t sound as good, obviously.

2 Likes

I can confirm that on the 15 Second Radio Promos airing here in Sydney, the endtag voiceover is “Seven News, Australia’s Number 1”.

For what it’s worth, I also managed to catch a generic 10 Second Radio Promo last week where they say Seven News with Mark Ferguson is “Australia’s Most Watched News, Sport and Weather” - make of that what you will.

1 Like

I recall Nine News Brisbane (and no doubt elsewhere) spruiking something like “more Australians get their news from Nine News than any other source” even when running behind Seven in the Brisbane ratings.

4 Likes

Yesterday (Tuesday), was the one-year anniversary of the launch of 7 News Gold Coast.

6 Likes

Montage of the condensed regional version of 7 News Brisbane.

This bulletin features 7’s “Live” coverup bug at 2 minutes into the video, used on the regional version to coverup the clock which would obviously show that the bulletin is in fact not live.

Later in the bulletin, at 4 minutes in, the clock is left intact as the bulletin is in fact live by that stage.

5 Likes

New Melbourne promo for Peter Mitchell. Looks decent - will upload tonight

7 Likes

I do believe that was when Nine was a top of the news ratings nationally during the early 2000’s as I remember seeing it in Adelaide as a kid, and then moved to Sydney and saw it there too. This was also a time when Seven had recently over took Nine in Adelaide.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this was just a special backdrop for a story or if it’s the new sports throw backdrop, either way, it looks terrible, and the way it animates (with the sliding glass panels look) in the background is extremely distracting:

Edit: Confirmed, it’s the new sports backdrop.

Also, I don’t think it’s been posted here yet - a new Fuel Watch graphic in Sydney, been in use for about a month or so:

7 Likes

Yeah I think that’s yet another new look “Sports Transition” backdrop from Seven News Sydney.

While I haven’t seen it in full motion yet, I agree that it doesn’t look great in those caps.

3 Likes

Second story on Seven News Adelaide was about the latest meningococcal death, OTS showed mining in Whyalla.

No other errors.

1 Like

Promo for Brisbane News

And to demonstrate that, one of tonight’s must see stories :roll_eyes: (Lucky Brisbane)

Both promos seen today

8 Likes

Very retro font.

Its the same font as the light 7News logo.

I don’t mind this. It’s good to see them trying new things and I’d like to see more sliding glass. Never sneeze at new ideas and thoughts!

2 Likes

Tomorrow - Queensland 12pm - 1pm

Jeff Horn Victory Parade

They should’ve kept the previous Moore Park backdrop, but agree looks better than the one before.

Correct. The promos weren’t any different to Seven saying Australia’s No. 1 or Australia’s Most watched. They referred to Nine’s national ratings. They did not call specific newsreaders the most watched in the country when they clearly aren’t even close. https://youtu.be/jtJ3FYgGRS4

2 Likes