Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yeah, nothing new to see graphics wise during the bulletin.

I do wonder if we might see some new promos for Seven News launch tonight though. Afterall, this time of year has been used by Seven News for major promo launches before. Remember 2014 and the “Everywhere” campaign (which of course, WFXT 25 in Boston ripped off earlier this year) with that “Worlds Apart” song?

3 Likes

Watching Seven News Queensland for the first time in many months, and I’m surprised by how many screen transitions they have nowadays. Every minute there’s a whoosh for Live, Breaking News or Developing Story, sometimes two within the space of five seconds. Bit annoying that they use the same sound effect and animation for each.

Although the quality of journalism is far above that of Nine QLD.

4 Likes

This promo endtag has been in use for several days now, it’s not new in today so this was always quite unlikely considering there has been a relaunch to some of the presentation in Sydney only in recent weeks.

2 Likes

Yuck.

1 Like

They need to lay off on the use of blue. Red white and black should be the brand colors. I reckon they missed an opportunity with the 2010 package and rather than it having a “plastic” look,it should have been a angular glass look, running off the back of the 2004 glass panels look.

7 Likes

7NEWS in QLD is promoted the same way now. Voiceover says “most watched” but graphic says “No 1”.

3 Likes

I don’t think Nine QLD could even be classified as ‘journalism’ by any means.

3 Likes

I think Seven News Sydney isn’t overly far behind Nine News Queensland when it comes to the quality of their heavily promoted Special Reports. At least Sydney’s #2 News hasn’t quite descended to the level of poorly disguised advertisements as “News Reports”…yet.

3 Likes

9 news Brisbane is just awful, from the promos to the actual bulletin and the woeful weekend presenting team.
But… they have distanced themselves from 7, winning by a larger margin regularly this year.
Not sure why…

1 Like

If it’s permitted, I would like to share our own broadcast code that prohibits these circumstances.

A new promo for Seven News Sydney featuring a little more of those modified graphics:

TBH, the “Breaking News” graphic looks better than the one they actually use in the bulletins right now. Maybe with a few tweaks, Seven should actually use that as their “Breaking News” sting/transition graphic.

12 Likes

I really like those graphics (well, with the exception of those scan lines in the blue). I don’t personally mind Seven using blue in their graphics, however if they were to use it they should use it sparingly. Otherwise, it looks good. Now, for that Sydney set to look good, they’ll probably have to incorporate some of these graphics’ colours to make the set less ‘blue’.

9 Likes

I really like that promo but i don’t really understand there logic with the slogan at the end “Seven news with Mark Ferguson Australia’s most watched news” Because people in QLD, WA, SA, VIC don’t watch Mark so…

6 Likes

If only their content is as good as they’re promoting. Might bring some people back despite Mr Beige being present.

Not a fan, sorry! I quite like the current dark, glassy look and this feels like a step backward visually after they made a huge leap forward with the current package.

They never explicitly say this line in the promo, they say “7 News, Australia’s most watched news” but of course Mark is in the picture for Sydney’s news promo because he is the face of 7 News in Sydney!!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that “Seven News, Australia’s Most Watched News” is used for the voiceover while the graphic still reads “Australia’s No.1” - although the “Australia’s No.1” voiceover is still used on the Update Endtags and the 15 Second Radio Promos.

1 Like

In that promo posted by @SydneyCityTV above, they say exactly this:
"7 News, with Mark Ferguson. Australia’s most watched news."
Implying that Fergo has the highest rating news bulletin in the country? :joy:
Obviously we know that they’re referring to 7News being Australia’s most watched news service, but it’s still slightly deceitful to the average viewer, imo.

5 Likes

Some of those new graphics made their way to an Adelaide promo tonight. Same old end tag though.

2 Likes

To my knowledge, they do not say “with Mark Ferguson” at all in the update endtags but it may be different for the 15 second radio promos