Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I think what they’re trying to say in the promo is what speed the vehicle was going at as opposed to what the actual speed limit in the area is. For example the van in the picture for the picture above was going 86 kph in a 50 kph zone…

1 Like
6 Likes

Similar to how 9 promotes A Current Affair.

2 Likes

Nine even do separate ACA promos for Brisbane and Gold Coast.

3 Likes

I understand how they can do it but it is a little misleading to put Mark Ferguson with Australia’s No 1 underneath it or claiming it as ‘most watched’.

3 Likes

Just like when they said: 'It takes years to earn your spot in Australia’s No.1 newsroom with Mark Ferguson’

WTF :confounded:

Shouldn’t Australia’s No.1 (presenter) be Ann Sanders (given that she is the face, or one of the faces of Seven’s National news coverage)?

If Mark Ferguson was Seven’s face of national coverage, I (among with many) will be switching off to Nine in droves.

4 Likes

I think it’s wise not to take news promo claims quite so literally.

5 Likes

Would be a great backdrop for the national news.

13 Likes

Totally agree. BTW, when did Seven start doing their newsroom crosses in front of a plasma instead of in the actual newsroom?

2 Likes

You know 7 news is starting to lose the plot and run out of stories when they do a story on the lack of toilets in service stations across major roads in Sydney :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

As a Sydneysider, I can assure you that Seven News Sydney lost the plot quite some time ago. The decline has been happening slowly before then, but with a few notable exceptions recently (Michael Usher, David Brown) it’s largely been nothing but downhill since Early 2014 especially with all the top talent that has either left or been demoted!

In 2007, Seven was a trusted and respected choice for news in the Sydney market. These days? Nine and the ABC all the way! Personally, I think one can really only say that Seven News Sydney it’s better than Ten’s resource starved Sydney news service by default.

5 Likes

I would whole-heartedly say that Ian Ross was the biggest reason for it. Would Seven still be a respected choice in 2007 if they didn’t get Ian Ross in 2003?

3 Likes

Possibly.

Judging by this from The Sun-Herald in February 2003, Seven were thinking about ending the Sanders/Symonds duo and bringing in a newsreader from Nine as far back as Late 2002. We very well could’ve seen the same situation happen with a different newsreader if things played out differently. We may have also seen a similar situation to what happened in Melbourne: Seven News Sydney keeping their presenting team largely unchanged but experiencing increased growth (or Nine experiencing a slow decline) from about 2005 onwards.

Regardless, I still think we probably would’ve seen both Jim Waley & Ian Ross retire by about 2008-09 with Mark Ferguson/Peter Overton/Michael Usher being the most dominant 6pm Sydney news presenters today no matter what.

1 Like

Just the intro. From memory, the majority of the cross to Mel is a generic package with her voiceover.

4 Likes

This is quite minor but can Seven News make an executive decision and state whether they classify 5PM as evening or afternoon… e.g. Angie says at the start of the broadcast ‘Tonight’ then after the opener she says ‘Good afternoon’… Its either one or the other not both imo!

4 Likes

They should make the headlines similar to something like:

'In this bulletin…Good Afternoon/Evening (depends on the season).

And Seven, change your backdrop to look good and make it makes sense.

3 Likes

It’s just a "Thanks for that, tonight… "
I don’t think it’s been a presenter based intro to the package of the promo for quite some time.

Queensland budget

4 Likes

Good to see red lighting back on the Sydney Set tonight​! Needs to have this colour scheme permanently IMO:

16 Likes

Retain this red lighting!!
Ditch as much blue as possible. The brand is red. Go red!

8 Likes