Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Video of opening

1 Like

From tonight’s Sydney opener:

11 Likes

More of this style of presentation please!!
Those side screens need to be used like that every bulletin.
And they need to chnage backing behind them to something more simple and not blue. Don’t know why light blue was Introduced into that set style in the first place, Make them light boxes that they can change the colour of them. Or make them white!

11 Likes

Brilliant use of the two side screens!

Yes, that blue doesn’t really scream Seven. I made a very quick “mock” of simple changes that Seven Sydney could make to their set to make it less blue and more “Seven”.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, never liked their set, never will.

6 Likes

Yeah, I agree. It’s straight out of the mid-2000s IMO.

Although the set and other On-Air Presentation is the least of Seven News Sydney’s problems. Improving the content and Ushering in (yes, pun intended!) a new lead newsreader needs to be a bigger priority IMO. :confused:

4 Likes

I love the 7 set. Not as gimicky as 9s but still very versatile.

7 Likes

It’s certainly not as bad as the set they had before (which was shocking if you ask me). However, the set doesn’t speak amazing to me. Nevertheless, I (as well as some others) disagree with you guys about how it’s out of the mid-2000s. If there’s a set that’s out of the mid-2000s, then it has to be the Seven Perth set they use right now. In comparison, the set is fresh and definitely the best set Seven rolled out in years.

Of course, you (and probably some other Nine fans) will disagree with me because of the fact that Seven has done some appalling things while Nine has done great things with their appearances, there’s nothing wrong with that. But I have to say that Seven News Sydney’s set isn’t really as bad as most of you are talking about.

3 Likes

If anyone wants to see an outdated news set i suggest looking at Southern Cross News Tasmania!

8 Likes

Very effective use of the set there.

Can anyone help me work out why anyone in Australia cares? We have this same incident every second day.

7 Likes

no other news to air at 5.15am?

Coney testimony, UK election?

Not exactly a slow news night. A random car crash in the US isn’t a story, even in the US.

2 Likes

Montage of 7 News Brisbane from last night.
This is the cutdown version that aired in Regional QLD… I’ve added a small clock to give an idea of when each segment is shown in the cutdown version.

3 Likes

They’ve been using this style opener for the past several days now and I must say it does look quite impressive whenever they do it, particularly the use of the side plasmas. In fact, the first two stories tonight made use of the side plasmas, the second story using the ones to our left rather than the ones to our right. I like it!!

Edit: Here are some caps of those two leads stories from tonight :grin:

7 Likes

I could be wrong on this but I know one of the old Newshub/Three graphics staff members recently moved to Australia in Sydney and started work at 7. They might have showed them / designed this.

3 Likes

Looks great! Keep it up Sydney!

1 Like

Looks alright, but all of the different blues from the static panels behind the plasma’s, light boxes next
to those & lighting above the set is just too much.

That and the front of the desk needs to be streamlined as it looks disjointed and clunky.

2 Likes

Did someone forget to put half the floor down in cap 6?

4 Likes

Probably cause the cameras cant roll on the floor tiles. Its up to allow the camera to track in.

I say ditch the glossy floor and see how the dark wood looks with it all. With the dark lighting it could look quite good!

EDIT: I think to be honest it would improve the set if the floor was the wooden one. Deep wood tones would give it a classy look! Just fix the blue behind the screens on both sides and use a better logo animation on the front of the desk that isn’t blue and hasn’t got a grid behind it. That’s one of the most disjointed pieces of that set, the graphic on there doesn’t match anything.

3 Likes