Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

A new way of displaying the NSW map?

6 Likes

They’ve been using this sort of overlap with the generic harbour background shot from the title card where the ocean/water should be for quite a while now, possibly 6 months, in certain weather map graphics like this

1 Like

National news update coming from Brisbane tonight
Sharyn Ghidella presented the updates

1 Like

Talk about blue overkill…

7 Likes

Just now on 7 Sydney there was an interesting promo shown including some of the most well-known presenters and reporters like Mark, Brownie, Angie, Jim, Mel, Musher, Ann, Robert Ovadia & Helen Wellings. I thought it was designed quite well, showcasing a bit of Vivid in there too it appeared

1 Like

Helen Wellings lol, can’t wait to see that one.

2 Likes

She is indeed in the promo, apparently for being the consumer editor. That being said, I haven’t seen any of her reports lately and any consumer reports have been done by other reporters in recent weeks.

Here’s highlights of a bulletin from Seven Gold Coast last week -

2 Likes

Both stations are claiming exclusive!!!

1 Like

Where are they both claiming it is an exclusive? Looks to me both networks have watermarked their own footage so other media outlets don’t ‘steal’ it.

7 Likes

Similar to Nine, tomorrow Seven News has a special scheduled in Queensland from 10.30am until 12.30pm tomorrow for the broadcast of the funeral of Police officer Brett Forte, whom was shot in the line of duty last week.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s from the chopper that Nine and Seven share… they both put their watermarks through the middle pre-6pm so Ten can’t steal the vision. Like MattB said there’s no exclusives or first on’s.

IIRC 7 and 9 don’t share choppers in WA, its only in eastern states

I thought that as of September 2016, Seven and Nine are sharing choppers in all five capital cities. From memory, the Eastern States use ex-Nine choppers while Adelaide & Perth use ex-Seven choppers.

1 Like

Oh yep just found the article :slight_smile:

Interestingly, 7 Melbourne’s chopper now flies in Adelaide (as VH-HSV). 7 Adelaide’s old chopper (VH-NDY) I would assume has been sold. [/end randominfo]

2 Likes

Coverage of funeral of Brett Forte has commenced on Seven at 10.30am - coverage expected on four networks this morning.

Waiting for honour guard - adverts on Seven and Nine appearing at same time.

Seven’s coverage finished at 1:17 PM (one minute after Nine).