Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Nice, I’ll keep a look out for it. It’s been a while since we’ve gotten really well produced Perth promos, though the one celebrating 30 Years of Geof Parry at Seven News a few months back looked very well made. I’m surprised there has been no mention of Rick and Sue close to breaking the World Record this year… Maybe soon?

When do they break the actual record though (August/September)?

1 Like

I had thought it was early in the year, as they celebrated Rick and Sue’s 30th anniversary at Seven at the old Seven Perth Dianella Studios just before the move to Osbourne Park back in 2015. They haven’t forgotten have they?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it will be around June/ July, Sue Simmons from NBC retired in June so i would expect it to be soon

1 Like

Ah that explains it, I was focusing more on Rick and Sue’s anniversary date than when they finished. Hopefully they haven’t forgotten! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they did, the ‘Australia’s most Humble and Private news station’ award has to surely go to Seven News Perth right?

Or they might be playing it safe and when they hit 33 years next year the PR department will go berserk…

1 Like

…and when the world record gets broken, I actually wouldn’t be overly surprised if the Perth newsreading duo milestone gets some form of a mention on Seven News bulletins nationally/on the East Coast!

2 Likes

If that were to happen, it would be really awkward for Mark, Peter, Sharyn or Bill to be reading that considering Rick and Sue have dominated for 32 years and the other presenters whom are struggling to the top

3 Likes

Can we all agree that once that day comes, it will be an extraordinary achievement by Seven (whether you like Seven News or not)?

6 Likes

I’m sure STW-9 would have something to say about that. When Rick and Sue first started, Nine had a comfortable lead over them until about 1991.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find it’s Ssssssssssssssseven News and previously Ssssssssssssssseven Nightly News.

5 Likes

Watching Seven News Sydney tonight for a change (usually watch Nine).

I had a question… does the 6pm bulletin come from Martin Place, or Eveleigh?

Martin place

1 Like

Martin Place. If they came from Eveleigh I would imagine they would use the Olympic style set (a set that I really like).

1 Like

7 News has been extended tonight due to the royal announcement fever. It will run until at least 7.05pm.

Again!? This must’ve rated through the roof if 7 are game to try it once more :smirk:

6 Likes

:musical_note::notes: Guess who’s back! Back again! :notes::musical_note:

15 Likes

:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:
Screw those sets that Nine have been rolling out nation wide, this is the shit we need more of :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :joy: :100:

4 Likes

Apparently Adelaide approached boiling point early this morning! What, what!?! :flushed:

And for a giggle, here is a video of the weather/TT glitches that occurred at the start of last week that mentioned in post 3757:

I’m not sure what’s going on down at Hindmarsh where 7 Adelaide operate from but I hope the gremlins can be fixed soon :confused:

13 Likes

That “City Today” graphic is … holy cow… how that even got anywhere near to being on air defies logic…

Looks like I now know where Peter Overton has sent his gremlins too…