Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yes there was a 5:15 bulletin at half time. Was at a party and caught the news while watching the footy.

2 Likes

Facebook photo version of the new update ender. Looks great!

9 Likes
3 Likes

Wow, that’s rather different. Haha

How Seven News Sydney looked exactly 2 years ago to this day…

3 Likes

How is it that Seven can do decent quality On-Air Presentation packages for their general channel branding and sports but has got it oh so wrong when it comes to the branding of their News & Current Affairs department after about 2011?

OK, the current branding of Seven News is a very slight improvement on what they had been using pre-2016 (although that’s not saying much when the graphics during that 2011-16 timeframe were absolutely disgusting) but compared to the mid-late 2000s I think we’ve seen a gradual decline in the quality of On-Air Presentation standards!

6 Likes

I thought you didn’t like the 2010 refreshed graphics or the 2004-2010 graphics either?

I think that the branding of Seven News as it was in the 2004-06 era was rather decent, but was ruined slightly when they brought in those supers with the Arial font and other graphics which looked like something one could easily recreate with a couple of hours in Microsoft Powerpoint.

The 2010 look probably would’ve been better if it wasn’t so heavy on the diagonal shapes. I seem to recall that tweaks to the formatting of text were made fairly early on after some dodgy looking full screen graphics for things like sports scores.

1 Like

The old theme was way better.

Don’t like the start tho.

3 Likes

I think no one ever liked the headlines next to presenter and that breaking news background theme during the headlines… (one of the most idiotic things Seven has done) I much prefer the late 2012 to July 2014 look… before all the drastic changes.

3 Likes

New promo running for Peter Mitchell in Melbourne.
As well as a new slideshow news story “event” promo that consists of images and a wipe transition…
Both aired before the Morning news

3 Likes

Jane & John now have a 12:30am bulletin! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Didn’t realise that Seven Adelaide had stolen Walmarts old slogan

6 Likes

Haha. I’m sure their loyal Adelaide viewers would make it a priority to watch it…

2 Likes

Hmmm…“No-one in Adelaide. Always.”

So that explains why there’s no traffic in the city…or life.

(I am being too harsh, Adelaide is great!!).

6 Likes

We don’t have (as much) traffic because every second road is closed by a burst water main every other day! :joy:

4 Likes

Or power outages…

1 Like

Not sure if mentioned but a new promo for 7News Sydney just aired with the song ‘Big picture’ by London Grammer.

1 Like

New Seven News Perth promo aired, looked very professional and consisted of the whole team after displaying various clips of big news events.

1 Like

Probably the same as the Melbourne one of it consisted of footage of events and a wipe transition between them all?

1 Like