Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The third promo is really strong. Love it.

“Storm Team 4” at NBC New York now promotes 10-day forecasts in their news :cloud_lightning:

4 Likes

And in my experience, my Magic 8 Ball is just as accurate. Possibly more so. My agent is still trying to find it a role on one of the local news services.

The station has also installed its own S band Doppler radar (shared with Telemundo). There are a few others around the country like ABC7 Los Angeles.

Watched Sunrise this morning, and have to say that their wonderful set isn’t being used to its full potentials when it comes to news time. Surely for weather David Brown/Angie Asimus could use the videowall in the performance area to do the weather instead of that ugly Sunrise screen?

That globe backdrop is still shit as ever. If getting a newsroom shot is too hard or the Martin Place backdrop is too difficult, I would to redesign it I would keep every feature except the globe which needs to be thrown out. Then I would extend the horizon across the entire screen and just have a world map floating in the background, and also put different times of the day on the backdrop (sunrise type mode for the Early News, sunset for Afternoon news etc).

1 Like

New update ended for Melbourne. Features the whole 7news team in front of the set.

4 Likes

Seven have just sent through the latest version of their program guides for next week. Very surprised to see no ANZAC coverage - no dawn service and no coverage from Europe.

Online guides have Seven Early News, Sunrise, and The Morning Show live into Adelaide on Tuesday, so presumedly they will have some coverage of the services.

2 Likes

That is to make the Adelaide’s schedule match the afternoon AFL coverage on the day.

1 Like

Sorry about the poor quality:

9 Likes

Of Seven News Melbourne? - It’s not your fault :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Does anyone know if and when Seven News Melbourne will be getting a new set?

3 Likes

Seven News’s response to all the Nine News and ACA Aldi fluff pieces?

6 Likes

They’ve used 2 sets for the past 12 years so hopefully we are due for a refresh!

2 Likes

Keep your eyes peeled :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No idea. I’m probably in a small minority here, but I want to see a Sydney NBC style set version 2.0 in Melbourne and all the other markets to come.

4 Likes

Is there a rough time when we may expect a change?

Who is the guy behind Jane?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, it took about 1 year and eight months for Seven News Melbourne to switch to their current news set (August 20, 2012 - I believe the same date that the graphics were tweaked slightly in all markets, also coinciding with the introduction of VizRT to Seven News Melbourne) after Sydney got an upgrade.

Presuming that one will happen this year, I personally wouldn’t be overly surprised to see Melbourne get their next set upgrade around August or September. Of course I could be wrong in the end but it doesn’t hurt to guess…right?

I think that’s Blake Johnson, but don’t quote me on that!

Too late! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t think that’s Blake Johnson, but it’s a bit hard to get a good look of who it really is! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like