Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

And the weather one:

2 Likes

We will see! I’m referring to more than on screen graphics though.

1 Like

For goodness sake how much airbrushing went into that closing shot.

Melbourne’s version of the 24/7 News Promo (largely based on Seven News Sydney’s last year):

And 30 second Jane Bunn Promo (severely lacks the authority that David Brown’s promo had):

1 Like

I do not understand an 8 day forecast.

Like, 7 days makes sense. It’s a week. But 8? Did they just add a day to get an edge over Nine’s forecast?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it’s a Melbourne-only thing because we (thankfully) don’t get an 8 Day Forecast on Seven News Sydney!

Partly. I think the main reason is that while David Brown was with Seven News Melbourne he created the 7-day outlook and so that Jane was ‘historic’ to the Melbourne audience, they went one better with an 8-day forecast.

I actually wonder how accurate the weather is for the 8th day.

I don’t think anyone takes any notice of it to be honest,

Probably as accurate as it is for the third day. Hardly.

1 Like

You know which era of Seven’s graphics I liked (or to be frank, loved)? This one. It just oozed out the Seven News brand in it (I bet you if this was coupled with the current news set from 2016 it would’ve looked fantastic and will probably last 5-10 years IMO). Nine’s graphics weren’t half as polished as this back in the day.

What came next was bland, bland, bland…

4 Likes

I remember reading something about the MediaSpyers despising the 2010-11 package at the time of release and most agreeing that it was a downgrade from the 2004-2010 graphics package.

But yes, I’m sure everyone would agree that the next relaunch was absolutely atrocious. IMO, just as bad as the infamous National Nine News 2006 relaunch, if not worse.

6 Likes

I liked the 2004-2010 package very much (especially when Sydney launched their streetside studio after Athens). But I never really got the hate for the 2010 graphics. To me, it looks like an upgrade from the previous one, boosted the Seven News brand to a new level and in my word, probably one of the most polished graphics package Seven has ever produced.

Guess I was the only one who liked it :slight_smile: …

4 Likes

Around the start of the current decade, I’d probably say that both Seven News and Nine News were using pretty bad graphics! Mind you, similar can be said about most if not all of the graphics that were used on TV during that 2010-12 timeframe: Just before everything was properly optimised for widescreen viewing in preparation for analogue switching off and the (re)introduction of HD main channel simulcasts a few years later!

Re, the 2011 clip: It’s probably worth noting that all three of Seven News Sydney’s main presenters from that time have since moved on from the bulletin! :confused:

1 Like

100% agree. They’re my favourite as well.

Couldn’t agree more. Hands down the best, and most unique Australian FTA news package of the time. Could’ve easily lasted a few more years and still looked good.

The design would make sense for a regional affiliate, but not a metropolitan network (Impact font is what ruined it!). I can’t believe we had to put up with that monstrosity for two years. Southern Cross News Tasmania ironically still uses this 6 year old package.

3 Likes

The current graphics are an improvement over the old 2012-2016 graphics. It suits HD too now that 7 has relaunched an HD simulcast nationwide

2 Likes

News graphics cannot look any worse than this. An absolute shocker for National Nine News from January to October 2008

3 Likes

The current graphics for Seven News are less “wow, this looks so modern” and more “they probably should’ve just done this in 2011” IMO.

Some Melbourne promos from that era. From @anthony78977

7 Likes