Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Just like what I said above maybe ?

Commonwealth Games next year perhaps.

Pyongcheng, Gold Coast, Tokyo… I’ll have to see if I can find the article but I definitely read something about it being a multi-year investment for Seven.

Seven News Queensland Weather Promo (March 2017):

2 Likes

Brisbane

After a pre-recorded story on the cyclone there was a live cross.

2 Likes

Melbourne Afternoon News montage

3 Likes

Emily Angwin doing a very good job. I wouldn’t put it past her being considered as one of Jen’s potential successors one day (but I sincerely hope that Jen stays with Seven for as long as she is still doing TV News).

Couldn’t imagine a worse situation once that day comes (i.e. Jacqueline Felgate).

1 Like

Im really not a fan of the city background they use on the local 4.00pm news…

2 Likes

Seven News Ayr

Cyclone super

5 Likes

Promo for 7 News Cyclone coverage end board

1 Like

Ah good, how tasteful to use a storm event to brag about ratings…

7 Likes

Tonight’s promo

2 Likes

Looks like you really hate Seven News.

As the video shows, the focus of the promo is experience and an existing network of news rooms; the end board seen is the same text as most of their news promos but with a different background graphic which why I though there might be interest.

Not particularly. I don’t hate it anymore so than Nine. I just find using natural disasters as a selling point very appealing.

1 Like

And it seems Kay McGrath was completely shafted from the promo, just like she was when they messed up the voice-over during the start of bulletins a few months back :frowning: Good promo though, Perth did a similar promo a few years back.

I think they were promoting tonight’s coverage with Sharyn is studio with Bill live in Townsville.

From the Sunrise set this morning:

5 Likes

This spat I am reading about between Seven News & Nine News is so ridiculous :persevere:

If Seven don’t stop using the “First on 7” for nearly every story, then something needs to be done.

Clearly the two networks will never get along and need re-arrangements.

Remember 2011 and ‘watermark-gate’ with Nine?

1 Like

It’s funny because I’ve seen Nine put a ‘First on Nine’ tag on aerial footage several times since the pooling arangement began in Sydney.

3 Likes