Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

This was just a one off. Whilst it would be cool to have a permanent edition, the promos made it clear today’s news was a “special local edition”.

Today’s local afternoon news started after local Adelaide Cup Day coverage (hosted by Mark Soderstrom and Bruce Abernethy) concluded from the same 7 News studio (separated by an ad break) so I guess it was all about the logistics of not really knowing when the Adelaide Cup race would finish and what to cut out of the 1 hour 4pm news from Sydney to fit into an approximately 30 minute slot.

With this said, Adelaide has done occasional local afternoon news (and sometimes morning news) in the past when major ongoing events are happening.

1 Like

I can eventually see Adelaide & Perth falling in line with the major East Coast markets during the 6pm-7pm hour on weeknights…when the current presenters of Seven News & TT in both Adelaide & Perth have moved on.

But in the meantime, if it ain’t broke…

2 Likes

Tell him he’s dreamin’

3 Likes

From yesterday afternoon:

8 Likes

I haven’t seen much of the 6pm Adelaide news but that seemed much better presented with a better team.

I’d go ahead and say Seven’s Adelaide team is much stronger than Nine Adelaide’s team for the obvious reasons.

3 Likes

Also top story tonight on Perth with Rick Ardon anchoring the story first. Sussanah Carr on the behalf of Seven Perth said they wish him well and their thoughts are with him and his family.

While Bruce might not be a legend of TV like Brian Henderson, Ken Sutcliffe etc, I personally think he is a great part of Seven Sports and it confuses me as to why he was never chosen to anchor sports on news. Best wishes to Bruce McAvaney.

9 Likes

He was ATV Ten’s main sport anchor back in the 1980s. I don’t know if he ever had the same role at Seven. I think that was because he chose to reside primarily in Adelaide?

Seen here 2min20sec into this video:

2 Likes

Lens flare anyone?

14 Likes

Seven News Adelaide ran and posted a behind the scenes tour of the adelaide studio.

10 Likes

Move the set out into that atrium please, Seven Adelaide! You’ve already got the rigging up and everything.

They have a really good set up in Adelaide… can’t really say much for Perth.

Unfortunately, it looks like Nine will be one better once the new set arrives later this year…

Set-wise, yes. Content-wise, perhaps not.

1 Like

Could you guys explain the positives of Seven News Adelaide, what makes it number one (other than the anchors). Just interested.

1 Like

As well as the long serving presenters, I presume that Seven News Adelaide (like the case is in Perth) also has more experienced reporters than Nine?

I haven’t watched the Adelaide news in full before, so can’t really comment on how the content is like.

1 Like

I‘ll get started. Nine’s one-hour bulletin is rather slow in comparison to Seven’s. Seven’s is a fast paced bulletin which gives me all the news I need in 30mins rather than 1hr. Somehow TT is also very entrenched in Adelaide as well and beats ACA (which airs later) regularly.

2 Likes

Seven has better presenters and reporters in Adelaide, Perth and Regional Queensland. Nine has better presenters and reporters in Sydney, Melbourne and Newcastle.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Nine/NBN has better presenters and reporters in Newcastle by default! In other markets of Northern NSW where there’s competition during the 6pm hour, well that’s another story.

Also, can we agree that it’s possibly a tie between Seven and Nine in South East Queensland? From the little I’ve seen of both of their 6pm bulletins (and also the 5.30pm Gold Coast bulletins), I don’t think that one is particularly stronger than the other as far as Content or On-Air Presentation is concerned. Nine has the stronger presenters on weeknights while Seven has the stronger presenters on weekends in South East Queensland, but that’s about it really.

1 Like