Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

@NewsAustralia totally agree also Alicia speaks to fast.

1 Like

Seven morning news just went live into Perth at 8:45am WA time

2 Likes

Agreed. But still Nine News Melbourne rates so much better than Seven News on weekends even during the AFL season, why?

How does the quality of content on Seven News Melbourne compare to that of Nine News Melbourne?

I guess if you watch the weekday bulletin then your more than likely to watch the weekend one, unless you live in Queensland and only watch 7 on weekends because of Kay.

3 Likes

Peter Hitchener - 52 years in the news gathering, reporting and presenting
Jo Hall (whos still files reports for GTV) - 38 Years
Tony Jones - 31 years
Karen Michael - 25 years
Christine Ahern - 21 years
Brett McLeod - 20 + Years
Allan Raskall - 20+ years
Andrew Lund - 15 years
Clint Stanaway - 15 years
Alicia Gorey - 15 years
Livinia Nixon - 13 Years
Laura Spurway - 11 years

Just to name a few of GTV’s best/experienced talent. But even with experience, it’s the quality of the reports and bulletins that matters the most.

9 Likes

While reporters are important I guess it mainly comes down to the presenter of the bulletin for the higher ratings.

1 Like

Oh definitely, and the masses are drawn to personality.

1 Like

Fixed that one for you. :slight_smile:

Special edition of Seven News in Melbourne from 3pm today

4 Likes

@Tom_TV7 personally l think Jennifer Keyte who of course is a veteran newsreader is the best Melbourne Seven newsreader, Alicia is not in the same league as Jen as a newsreader in my opinion.
When it comes to bulletin content in Melbourne l find Nine content more superior than Seven.

4 Likes

I think Seven News Perth might produce local morning news since the morning news already aired live.

Well if we are getting techical, then I should fix this one too

No it doesn’t.

Seven News Melbourne with Jennifer Keyte was #1 on Saturdays last year (confirmed by @TV.Cynic).

Ohh Jen is definitely a veteran of the industry and has a lot more gravitas than Alicia. But poor Jen is a bit like Ann Sanders (when she did the Sydney news), just hasn’t managed to crack the #1 spot weeknights

4 Likes

Although Jen did have a good run at being #1 on weekends not so long ago. So at least she has had some glory because she has definitely worked hard for it

1 Like

@Wade Karen Michael quit Nine Melbourne in December last year.

The desk has never changed colour in breaking news mode, and the glassy panels on each side of the main backdrop are still blue (they turn red in breaking mode).

And in Melbourne they were watching Brian Naylor over Jennifer Keyte on Seven and David Johnston on Ten (later Seven)[quote=“Salty, post:3420, topic:103”]
Karen Michael quit Nine Melbourne in December last year.
[/quote]

Well I am from Adelaide lol, I was just going through the meet the team section on 9news.com.au to find out most of the info. I think those that have included the new regional bulletin reporters need to update the metro profiles as well.

2 Likes

Never has that I’ve seen but I could be wrong. The desk stayed red all bulletin though, not just during the opener.