Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I didn’t mean it like that, I meant the general meaning but I can’t say you’re wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s Melbourne. They now change everything at any time and don’t need any reason

3 Likes

how recent? Were they social distancing perhaps?

1 Like

Two weeks ago. I don’t think it had anything to do with social distancing.

1 Like

Maybe just for appearance

1 Like

Seven and WIN?

1 Like

WIN in South Australia was affiliated with Seven from 2007 until 2010, when they had an affiliation dispute with Nine at that time.

2 Likes

@TrueBlue I don’t really hear any difference? One is louder?

7 QLD channel went briefly to Gold Coast news after The Chase, then went to regular news programming. Minor blooper.

2 Likes

There is a difference (the second bass) but what is the significance?

1 Like

No ticker or clock on Melbourne’s Afternoon News

3 Likes

I saw the same thing happen to a national Seven News at 5 bulletin some time ago… :thinking:

2 Likes

7 Perth with a little ‘comic sans’ this morning :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Seems like Melbourne is alternating between sitting at the start of the afternoon news and standing (with the absolutely horrendous standing presentation)
(@SamSamTV)

2 Likes

Why’s it horrendous @Nicholas?

That’s a fairly dramatic call.

I like the pace of the Melbourne 4pm bulletin
Audience is up and they’re making an effort to be live and breaking. What more do people want at that time of day?

Have a read through the thread.

We’ve discussed Melbourne’s presentation (including 4PM) in detail.

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of any of the standing presentations. I don’t think it works for the nightly news.

5 Likes

Nor the afternoon news.

1 Like

What’s your problem with standing?

If the news doesn’t evolve and trial different presentation methods where would we be today?

4pm is a great place to do different things and see what works and what doesn’t for the main bulletins.

Personally I love The Latest presentation style and would love to see that adopted across the network bulletins. But that’s probably a step too far ey.

5 Likes

I think it depends more on the presenter. E.g. Joe O’Brien on ABC News Mornings should never do standing presentation.

1 Like