Seven News Content and Appearance

Gigantic desk, gigantic phones, gigantic monitors :man_facepalming:e2b96ae1aba7aa120f9d7442b8b6865d263b5054

8 Likes

Perth trying to do closers this week has been fun to watch.

27 Likes

7NEWS PERTH
“Nobody knows GIANT like Seven”

4 Likes

Oh dear

5 Likes

My god. What a mess.

2 Likes

Sue and Rick haven’t done them for over 25 years, it’ll take a little while yet for them to get used to it again!

Surprised they haven’t accidentally thrown to TT sub-consciously!

9 Likes

Very weird scheduling in Melbourne.

Andrew threw to the Chase news update as usual… We received a short update with Peter Mitchell, then minutes of advertisements followed by the usual longer news update…

Then the final Chase was just cut off for news.

1 Like

That’s heinous. Someone get GWN in to teach them how to do it.

2 Likes

In Brisbane, I’ve walked away from the tv 3 times and every time I come back the afternoon news from about 4.42pm is playing. It’s now 5.32 in Brisbane. At one point The Chase did come on

2 Likes

Now they’ve cut off the news and they’ve gone to news update and ads

1 Like

Now after lots and lots of ads, we’re up to the 4th player on The Chase

1 Like

In Adelaide they played the first segment of The Chase twice, then the second contestant, skipped contestant 3 and 4, then played the final chase which ended at news time.

2 Likes

Seven News at 5 ended abruptly in Melbourne and straight to border security. Anyone else notice this?

1 Like

It’s been happening a lot lately.

1 Like

Gold Coast News - week commencing 15 December:

Monday 16: No breakaway with cricket until 6pm so no news.
Tue- Thu normal.
Friday: 30 minute ep of The Chase followed by local news.

3 Likes

The Afternoon News took the first couple of minutes of live coverage of Newshub Live at 6pm following the White Island eruption today.

8 Likes

No mention of the updated NZ volcano death toll in the Melbourne update just aired… Makes me think it was recorded the moment the news finished at 7? As the death toll was updated by 7.10pm… Poor form.

3 Likes

There is a new style of promo end card for 7 News Adelaide, now that Jane is presenting solo:

And check out that more normal sized desk during The Latest. Anyone at 7 Perth want to take down some notes? :laughing:

EDIT: Also, a couple of caps from 7 News Adelaide last night:

13 Likes

Virtually identical in style to the Sydney version, aside from the most obvious differences!

8 Likes

I know that Seven News Brisbane have aired a new promo in recent weeks; but what if they took on the “Nobody Knows…” tagline - would it be “Nobody Knows Queensland Like 7NEWS” or “Nobody Knows Brisbane Like 7NEWS”? I’d say the former, given Seven News has historically rated well in regional Queensland.

2 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter