Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Melbourne content …

Saturday 3rd August:

Sunday 4th August:

Monday 5th August:

4pm on 5th August:

6th August:

7 Likes

It appears Seven have replaced the chroma key with a plasma in the Canberra bureau.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Only about a decade too late…

Have they upgraded the rest of the studio equipment as well? Cap looks much clearer than usual but I’m on my phone so hard to tell.

4 Likes

I’m definitely all for equipment upgrades, especially if it means more content in HD.

But surely upgrading the Canberra bureau to HD would only really be worth it for Seven and indeed all networks if the tFederal Government (or whoever’s actually in charge of playing out the feeds of events in the House of Reps, Senate, etc.) upgrades to HD? Last I checked, Federal Parliament TV is still entirely in SD with absolutely shocking graphics which look like they were made in Microsoft Powerpoint during the 1990s!

2 Likes

Discussion about 7news.com.au has been moved to a new thread in the Radio, Print and Online category.

2 Likes

Seven News is on a rampage on Facebook attempting to copyright other networks coverage on the Sydney shooting.

1 Like

Can we check if the @SydneyCityTV account has been hacked - HD playout “not worth it” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe it was just the exclusive watermarked vision that popped up on a few other outlets online.

Haha!

I’m definitely all for Seven producing their news bulletins in HD but it strikes me as odd that they would upgrade the Canberra bureau before getting HD control room in for Brisbane/Gold Coast (going by your caps, the Seven News picture quality is shocking up there) and Adelaide.

4 Likes

Brisbane promo

11 Likes

Interestingly, despite that promo, Max and Sharyn were both back in the studio (not one at the Ekka) tonight in Brisbane. Whilst personally I find it inappropriate to be presenting serious news item over the top of fireworks and noisy crowds, I’m surprised they changed it up, given they have been doing really well in the ratings since the Ekka started last week.

4 Likes

This looks so much better than whatever 9 are pumping out at the moment, it’s no wonder they’re so far in front.

7 Likes

Happened to walk past on my way home for anyone interested.

25 Likes

I have seen Sunrise being filmed live at least three times, the most recent when I saw Ava Max perform on the show in April.

I can also recall at least one occasion where I walked past while The Morning Show was being filmed, and Craig David was one of the fill-in hosts for Larry Emdur.

On topic, I have seen the Morning News being filmed at least once, and the 6:00pm news twice (once during Ian Ross’ final weeks before his retirement in 2009).

1 Like

Melbourne was using similar graphics (like the ‘local issues’ one) earlier in the year. Looks quite good.

5 Likes

Did anyone just catch the major blooper in Perth tonight? After Rick and Sue signed off and tried to pass it to Monica for Today Tonight, for some reason it didn’t transition, and Rick and Sue were still in shot looking quite confused and finding some humour from it, and then it suddenly cut to Monica, and the camera was scrolling to the side for a while and then it finally focused on Monica. :joy:

3 Likes

Was quite funning watching modern technology just couldnt get it together :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thats a minor, not a major.

Few caps from perths minor hiccup !

11 Likes