Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The set angle used for Mike looks more natural than the one used for Sharnelle, fits the flow of the set better IMO.

9 Likes

Also, a bit of the blooper with the background going black for 15 seconds.

4 Likes

WTH Channel 7! They just showed stills from the Penrith sex tape with faces blurred. Why was it necessary to show any of it?

And I am so sick of NRL stories being the lead story on all the commercial bulletins.

9 Likes

I don’t really care about them either, but this is Sydney we’re talking about.

No doubt whatever research the networks (and I’d also say talkback radio & the newspapers - especially 2GB/The Daily Telegraph) have done show that major NRL scandals are a major drawcard in this market.

1 Like

I notice Seven has not uploaded clips from this evening’s state bulletins onto their respective Twitter accounts. Is it due to a technical issue, legal reasons or is it simply Seven wants people to go to 7plus to catch up on the bulletins they have missed?

1 Like

Seven News used photos of the wrong man multiple times in a news story.

3 Likes

Some minor camera bloopers in Melbourne tonight. One was following an ad break where Tim Watson was seen preparing for sport.

Then following sport, the camera panned out on Tim and then stayed on the wide shot for the next story.

6 Likes

Peter Mitchell apologised to viewers during Sunday’s Melbourne bulletin on the blunder.

1 Like

Montage and caps of the 5pm bulletin from Perth a few weeks ago:

6 Likes

Streaming of Mike Willesee funeral

3 Likes

From a few days ago.

1 Like

New intros to Facebook videos in Melbourne for “headlines/stories”

1 Like

Why did they make the texts bigger? Looks hideous.

1 Like

I’d imagine their social people are trying to replicate the headline graphic used in bulletin and they just don’t have the sizing correct.

1 Like

It’s not uncommon to use bigger text on social media. It’s much easier to read on phones and thumbnails.

5 Likes

Makes sense as that was the first thing that grabbed my attention when I saw it.

Still it doesn’t look the best.

1 Like

Current Brexit Date Countdown Graphic used during Sydney’s bulletin tonight:

I wonder if Seven News Sydney will use a “Countdown to the Royal Easter Show” graphic tomorrow night to compliment their inevitable report on the Showbag Launch?

8 Likes

OMG:face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

In Brisbane over the past few nights they have had the left half of the screen with the main reader (eg Max) and then the right hand side spilt in 2 horizontally with the 2 reporters they are going to cross to and a label of their location. One quarter then enlarges to a full screen as they make the cross.
Make sense? Anyone have a copy?

4 Likes