Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yep. That’s them.

Maybe they’ve decided to use The Latest’s desk so they don’t have to set it up each night

2 Likes

The aquarium reference is completely spot on, too much water coloured blue all around. It’s extremely overpowering actually. I do prefer the map to some random pictures of Sydney or a continuation of the backdrop.

I do prefer the new desk to the one they had before, it looks so much better when it’s in the configuration for The Latest though. The red for that bulletin looks so much warmer compared to the blue.

5 Likes

I guess so, but still it really makes you wonder why Seven didn’t start using the new desk (as it is now, of course) for all bulletins when “The Latest” was launched.

Mind you, similar things can be said about the previous Sydney/national desk because while the set launched on 1/2/2016, the screen wasn’t added to the desk until six months and one week later.

1 Like

LIVE from our undersea headquarters, this is Seven News with Mark Ferguson.” :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, there is way too much of an overload of blue, the screen weather graphics gets lost around all of that. It needs a touch of white and a accent of red.

9 Likes

Least believable Bond villain ever.

2 Likes

I honestly think the most pressing thing for them is to get Brownie in front of a proper weather wall or screen or something… Why not just have him in front of the new projection screen they have put on the right hand side? Then have sport presented from the opposite side in front of the new projection screen? Then they can all come together at the end of the bulletin for the closer.

I think it’s stupid they still have the presenter eg Brownie in front of the small screen then move to the green screen and back and forth every night.

4 Likes

Maybe it could be renamed Sea-ven News?

6 Likes

Wait… they’re outsourcing to NZ now!? :thinking::rofl:

Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium in Auckland? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not a fan of the changes, especially the added blue. It’s all just too much.

8 Likes

Major blooper on the closing of the Perth bulletin tonight, instead of the usual “The Mission” closing theme, they played Today Tonight’s closing theme instead! :flushed:

I have a video I quickly recorded, I’ll see if I can upload it as a private link. There was also another blooper involving a blank super graphic on a Perth Wildcats story. It disappointed after the fact, but attempted to again but it was still blank.

5 Likes

Was literally just coming here to say that! I thought my ears were hearing things but I checked on 7plus and it was definitely the TT theme. oops!

2 Likes

Early News today:

2 Likes

What a shame. Overall the desk looks heaps better, but there’s too much bloody blue! It’s so dark and it’s supposed to be daylight savings?!
They have put those screens in and they are just pure dark blue - you can’t distinguish anything on them!
They really need to use whites and reds instead it the blue overload. It’s the same vortex of blue they have been in for years.

The desk should be white. The balcony lighting should also be white with a stripe of red.
The new side screens should have anything BUT blue on them. Put a nice graphic set image on the side? Look at the latest.
It really confuses me how there’s no creativity when they acquire new tech like this. Who in their right mind thinks the above looks aesthetically pleasing and lit well?
Dear lord. Get someone with an ounce of creativity in there!
Would of at least blown a couple of thousand on this and they just aren’t using them? #Dinosaurs

9 Likes

Morning News today.

and a Melbourne promo ender for a special report that is to air this evening.

5 Likes

Sport is being presented in front of the Sydney skyline. It’s one of the worst quality images I’ve seen on tv for a long time. Sooo pixelated

2 Likes

Wayyyyyyy too much blue. They should have a newsroom shot backdrop and that would make a big difference to reducing the blue.

1 Like

Can they at least change the dark blue maps to red or white?

2 Likes

Sydney skyline on a national bulletin :roll_eyes: Was Matt even on the desk woth sport on in the newsroom?

3 Likes

A rather nice shot of the Perth Skyline for Seven News Perth’s latest promo, could easily be used for the main Bulletin:

Getting some 2004 vibes from it:

3 Likes