Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

There are updates made behind the scenes by reporters, that are shown exclusively on the Facebook page to update followers. They probably haven’t been sourced the new theme yet :confused:

The side panels in Sydney are blue tonight rather than red, definitely looks a bit more in keeping with the rest of the set.

7 Likes

But why is the set predominately in blue when Seven’s main colour is red? * facepalm *

8 Likes

Jim Wilson could be mistaken for sitting in the Ten news studio if it wasn’t for the 7 News watermark.

7 Likes

You could say the same thing about Mark Ferguson, if it wasn’t Mark Ferguson…

A strange new integrated ad aired in the place of the second break in Sydney tonight. They now skip the first break altogether with a normal break after 6:20pm then this minute long thing about five minutes later.

5 Likes

Brisbane’s is blue too.

why can’t Jim Wilson get a suit that is fitted to him?

Anyone know the current 7 news logo font?

I’m pretty sure it’s some variant of Square Extended.

1 Like

Ah that’s the one!
I knew it before but somehow the font was removed from my computer. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is also another font called Eurostile Extended :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to the Courier Mail, rumours suggest that 7 Brisbane News room might be in for some changes.

While the station’s stars, Kendall Gilding and Sharyn Ghidella, are said to be safe in the turbulent times, Seven Brisbane news director Neil Warren is rumoured to be on the outer with some.

The moves are said to be an attempt to salvage the local news, which is the state’s No.2 bulletin behind arch rival Nine.

Managing director of Seven Brisbane Max Walters denied that there was any truth to the rumours.

Channel 7 Queensland said to be next target for network changes.

1 Like

If they hadn’t tampered with it in the first place Rod and Kay would still be comfortably number one.

5 Likes

Simple solution, backflip on the newsreader changes made 2 years ago.

1 Like

It is so obvious, I can’t understand why it hasn’t happened before now. There isn’t a clearer example in the country at the moment where a change of presenters would alter the ratings - it isn’t conjecture or opinion, it’s a close to a proven fact as you can get - Brisbane liked Kay and Rod a LOT more than Sharyn and Bill.

5 Likes

Actually, the switch in Queensland happened three years ago now. :wink:

Nonetheless, I agree that a backflip can and should be made. If only the same thing could still be said about Sydney! * sigh *

3 Likes

Yikes time flies. Insane decision making in Brisbane and Sydney.

2 Likes

Interesting that the 5:58 pm update for Adelaide had a ticker and a different transition.

Adelaide opener (w/ Jane Doyle) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6vy5nQW_1c