Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yes, I am for real. :stuck_out_tongue: In the past, it was nice to see the banter between the two before the closer, because it felt quite genuine coming from the two, like in the blooper posted above. Sure, it may not be everyone’s cup of tea (banter before some closers can be awkward at times), but with Rick and Sue it’s evident to see the chemistry as it has been for many years. It feels like they are abruptly cut off on some days after the weather, and it’s nice to see a proper hand-over. That’s just my opinion though.

3 Likes

Um you need two people talking with each other for it to be banter.

You get what I mean though, basically what I’m saying it just seems a bit unfortunate that they don’t get a subtle or definitive sign-off. If they didn’t want a closer before Today Tonight, they could easily something along the lines of, “That’s all from us tonight, we’ll be back with updates later in the evening, Sam is next with the Weather, then it’s Monica/Tina with Today Tonight”.

Sure. It’s dumb not to have them sign off. But let’s not pretend they have awesome chemistry.

Bit hard to make a judgement like that when it’s never seen.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven News Presenters and Reporters

absolutely

1 Like

Hmmm, looks familiar. :thinking:

Also, there was a special Queensland edition of Seven News at 5pm with Katrina Blowers, covering the Townsville weather event.

6 Likes

Kay voiced a promo tonight saying Max and Sharyn and a team of reporters are in NQ.

2 Likes

Great result for 7News last night. Comprehensive win nationally and in every market.

3 Likes

Brisbane did well on Friday too. Last night, Seven had the best news team in Brisbane- all experienced and talented presenters.

That is Seven’s model- both Max and Sharyn anchoring the whole bulletin on the location in the case of a news event.

2 Likes

Hmm… I see you under there! Whoops. :rofl:

This lasted for about 10 seconds before the camera faded to black.

6 Likes

Going past 7pm in Melbourne tonight - any reason?

Studio control room can ask presentation for a few extra minutes.

1 Like

Same in Sydney.

1 Like

No wonder people are switching off TV news when they “report” on a serial spammer with too much money on his hands. Seriously why is this even news and why are they giving him a free ride? It’s not like he can’t afford to advertise.

No wonder why they’re second rate. Nine wouldn’t have this kind of crap, at least not in Melbourne.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put it past them. Palmer’s spam the other day was directing people to watch Channel 9 at a certain time so I’m sure they’d give him a news “report” beforehand

1 Like

Seven Perth using background music for their updates this afternoon.

1 Like

Weird how it stings on the front then headline music restarts rather than have a cut that has the sting then rolls into headline bed

1 Like