Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Far out Seven sent the whole bloody newsroom, Sarah Greenhalgh is up on Fraser Island also.

2 Likes

Seven News Queensland is also doing a royal special at 10:30pm tonight.

Looks like a 2010/11 era graphic, judging by the font.

1 Like

It’s the same style that 7NEWS Sydney uses for the sport backdrop… eek. It’s spreading :confused:

4 Likes

Just saw this any idea where this backdrop is from I’ve never seen if before but looks nice.

2 Likes

It’s what they use for national updates out of Perth, there is a quick snap of it here as well -

3 Likes

The newsroom in the background is actually Brisbane’s newsroom. It’s used in Perth for afternoon updates and as said the national updates from Perth.

I personally like this one better than Perth’s current afternoon news one, not sure why they insist with the blurry city ones with stupid blue Pillars.

5 Likes

Sussanah Carr just presented a Sydney news update, as it included several Sydney specific stories, which I thought was interesting as Seven News Perth has been on air for the last 50 minutes!

6 Likes

Did she have the Sydney background?

No, just this one.
It had the usual Sydney backdrop for the newsbreak opener though and three Sydney items in it.

7 Likes

Video:

9 Likes

This to me sounds like a cost cutting measure.

2 Likes

Generally, all updates are prerecorded right after 7pm. Also, 7 Sydney always seems to get a localised 2130 update.

Is it cost cutting though or making better use of resources? Probably both, I don’t necessarily believe this is a bad thing though. Since the Perth newsroom is the last newsroom in Australia to see the bulk of its staff leave at night it definitely makes sense to do National Updates from there.

As for this Sydney update I don’t know why they are special and get there own localised one at 9:45, although they have been doing them for a while.

11 Likes

Cutting costs. Perth is 3 hours behind so why have someone in the Martin Place studios when there’s a full newsroom in Perth?
Makes sense but it would be a $$ motivation not “better use of resources” - that’s a corporate spin line :wink:

8 Likes

So Perth is now producing national updates for the East Coast?

that’s the question I have. Perth doesn’t usually get the weather flipper so maybe that might change now?

1 Like

To me there was no last minute news in that update, so cant Fergo record that straight after the bully?

Seven News in Perth only runs for 30 mins on weeknights, if the Sydney update wasn’t pre-recorded, it could have come from a TOS studio.

6 Likes

All graphics are stored on the Vizrt server nationally. So what TVW would do is copy ATN’s update template from iNews, and use that locally. No difference to the viewer.

And I’ll say it again, local 7:30pm and 8:30pm updates are recorded right after the 6pm bulletin finishes.

2 Likes