Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Bring back the date!!! That looked so much better last night!!

10 Likes

Monday night opener:

6 Likes

Melbourne added a fuelwatch segment to the finance report in the bulletin tonight, bringing it into line with other states.

vlcsnap-2018-01-29-19h47m41s847vlcsnap-2018-01-29-19h47m50s125

6 Likes

wow Felgate’s presenting style is AWFUL… :flushed:

4 Likes

Set looks better in this video, but still feels like it’s missing everything.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News (Regional Qld)

If Peter Mitchell is presenting on Sundays from next week, is he moving his shift to Sunday-Thursday or is he working six nights a week like Jane Bunn?

1 Like

I’d say it was for Set Launch only.

1 Like

I don’t think its happening… he usually presents every year when the mens tennis final is on.

As he does on Grand Final Day (Saturday)

1 Like

Would be a waste having the stations main Anchor on Sunday. Alicia takes nearly every week (afl sport lead in aside on some weeks) due to stronger lead in on 9. If he went Sunday, Tim would need to also which leaves a weaker team on Friday more on the sport and weather front going up against Hitch/Tony/Livinia.

Seven, Nine and even the ABC have all run Sunday-Thursday and Friday/Saturday presenter rosters for their main Sydney/NSW news bulletins.

How come this relatively recent idea seems to work well in Sydney but not elsewhere?

1 Like

Peter and Jane were both on 3AW today and Peter mentioned he is presenting Sunday to Thursday. Jane will continue to present the weather Sunday to Friday.

There’s also a shortened version of their new promo running which is slightly confusing with the wording because it ends with something like “7 News with Peter Mitchell - now Sundays at 6” - which makes it sound like he’s only presenting on Sundays, or the news at 6PM on Sunday is something new. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

If that’s the case sounds like they are trying to fix Sunday’s poor rating bulletin. Sunday and Friday numbers will be interesting to watch.

Would it not be that they want to try to capitalise on their Sunday numbers in AFL season and try to carry those through the week?

Not sure I like Peter Mitchell for Sundays, they tried it and reverted (you don’t have to follow other markets, though possibly network request?) Mon-Fri is traditional.

I really like Jennifer Keyte and over the years it’s also given her a ‘big’ night (generally Seven News Melbourne’s biggest bulletin - often winning during the AFL season / 400k+)

Harsh, I’ve never had a problem with it.

1 Like

Seven News Sydney won last night… has that got something to do with The Chase, MKR and Good Doctor all returning?

5 Likes

FAVOUR: could someone upload the Mariah tickets fisaco story on 7 News Sydney tonight? I have a vested interest!!!

Thankyou

2 Likes

Melbourne is using wide shots of the new set coming back from the ad break. Looks good!

4 Likes

I reckon any new set in Brisbane/ GC will coincide with the Commonwealth Games when all eyes in Qld will be on 7…

Here you go (at 40:59):

5 Likes