Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yep.

It’s a different angle (and one I personally prefer to the near-identical to Nine News angle used for 6pm) but other than that I’m pretty sure that Sydney’s 4pm bulletin has used a liveshot since Day 1.

3 Likes

Sydney’s 4pm bulletin has always used that angle and the 6pm bulletin use it as well usually throughout the C block.

2 Likes

Does Tasmania still take the Sydney edition of the 4.00pm news?

1 Like

I think it was mentioned a while ago that they now take the Melbourne edition.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Today Tonight

Queensland’s local Afternoon News updated their backdrop this week. It is an extension of the 6pm live shot, to continue to display the ferris wheel. Looks much better.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Much better!

5 Likes

New camera or just a loop I wonder.

What made them decide to do this on today of all days? How come it took them this long to change to a much better backdrop?

Other angle of the backdrop:

4 Likes

Did not look like loop - the wheel stopped at one point and various water craft could be seen moving on the river.

2 Likes

Brisbane storm warning crawler

7 Likes

6 Likes

Good news flash by Seven.

Kept it succinct.

Usher solid as always with neat crosses by Riley and the other senior political guy.

Flicked over to Nine with Georgie Gardner barely able to put a sentence together and their new political guy whispering… And still going at last check.

Didn’t see anything on Ten when I checked.

Denis Walter broke on 3AW radio as well.

2 Likes

They should have stayed on to cover the Barnaby Joyce presser.

2 Likes

Nah the Nine coverage has been great. Georgie has been almost flawless with tens of minutes of discussion with Uhlmann etc - just one stuff-up not remembering Tony Windsor’s name.

2 Likes

I personally think Nine’s coverage could’ve done with some Peter Overton and Lane Calcutt.

Before I turned off, Usher did say “we’ll take Joyce’ presser live”.

Not sure if they did?

1 Like