Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Crimestoppers banner and bug from Facebook
Video here.

2 Likes

That made me laugh, pretty good.

If Mark was able to do this every night, then I’m sure that people here wouldn’t really mind him, right?

Seven News Queensland latest promo, which I think is their best in a while:

3 Likes

Correct, I wouldn’t mind it :wink:

Which ones do u like the best?

7 Likes

While I am still here, I would like to make a mention about Seven News Adelaide. I have to say out of all the Seven News bulletins in the country, Seven News Adelaide is got to be the most polished bulletin I have seen. I know John Riddell and Jane Doyle have been anchoring the bulletin for a long time, but when Nine took over NWS-9 in 2013, I thought they were going to give Seven Adelaide a run for its money, but to my surprise, ratings still preferred Seven News compared to Nine News, and now I can actually see why.

For a start, compared to all the other Seven News bulletins in Australia, Seven News Adelaide is undoubtedly a fast-paced bulletin, while Nine’s hour-long production seems very slow and dragged out. I know they have fancy studios and stuff, but Adelaide viewers (like me) seems to prefer the half hour production than the hour-long production by Nine. Why? Because for me I can get all the day’s important news plus more in 30mins on Seven, while it takes ages for Nine to deliver the news in one hour.

Is there any improvements that can be made? I think yes. For a start, I wish the team could do a proper sign off before handing over to TT, and in addition, I think that they should actually put TT as a 15 or 20mins segment into the bulletin should they want to extend their bulletin to 1 hour (similar to Sports Tonight on Ten Late News), and then have a recap of the headlines and weather with a proper sign off, because to me a sign off from the main presenters shows their sincerity and their passion for their job.

All comments and suggestions welcome :slight_smile: .

But like Sydney and Melbourne, do you think the people of Brisbane would want to watch ‘Brisbane’s No.1 News’ (which is Nine News), or QLD’s No.1 (Seven News)?

2 Likes

In this case, “Queensland” sounds better as the Mt Coot-tha signal serves not just the Brisbane metro area, so saying Brisbane can potentially disenfranchise a big part of the SEQ audience. Why would the +700,000 viewers on the Gold Coast be interested in Brisbane’s Number One - Nine should at least be saying SEQ’s Number One.

1 Like

And don’t forget the sunny coast and Toowoomba who can also pick up the signal still I’m pretty sure

New voiceover for Angela Cox (5.00 news opener)

2 Likes

Is it me, or does Angela Cox in that video have a weird way of pronouncing sentences? She’s putting emphasis on the wrong parts of words.

It almost sounds like she’s winging it without an autocue.

1 Like

It seems a bit different in my opinion

From tonights closer:

Also there was no weather presenter again, tonight.

4 Likes

Should have gone the whole hog and lit the set up in rainbow colours.

5 Likes

Just less blue please!

2 Likes

Agreed, matches all the other bulletins - (Morning, afternoon etc.)

The voiceover bloke is terrible… Still a huge fan of the current Nine VO man - who USED to be at Seven.

His voice suited Seven much better than what he is currently doing at Nine.

1 Like

While I still associate him with the Channel Seven of the 1990s and Early 2000s, I think Matthew O’Sullivan’s voiceover work fits the branding of Nine News and 60 Minutes very well.

The current voiceover guy for Seven News suits the rather undercooked sounding 2016-now version of the theme music. Both audio elements of their branding could be stronger IMO.

1 Like

Agreed.

Someone got the pictures mixed up during the 4.30pm Headline Recap on Seven’s Afternoon News today! :confused:

6 Likes