Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

How long has Seven been doing this (only during the 2nd ad break) again for?

And Fuel Prices after Finance (copied from Nine who have been doing it for a few years now, of course)?

Anyway, here’s a montage of tonight’s Sydney 6pm bulletin:

Not included in the clip but a cap of which still might be of interest…a rarity for Seven News Sydney (compared to Nine News Sydney who have Live Crosses in native HD on a nightly basis) from tonight’s bulletin: The Live Cross to Ben Lewis in Paris was in native HD!

Because I’ll be away from Sydney for a few weeks of March, I’ll try and get some montages of the other local news bulletins up this week! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fuel watch (which has been happening on Seven News Perth, for years), since around the start of this year.
That sponsored “ad” break, roughly a month, maybe a touch longer - usually consists of a Royal Carribbean ad about one of their cruise liner’s, hosted by Tom Williams, followed by an MKR ad. :laughing:

Finance also used to be after the headline recap, but they have since moved it forward to about mid-bulletin (I think just so they can run that extra sponsor billboard :joy:)

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the fuel watch thing happens because it’s sponsored so it probably won’t be around forever. Perth still gets it even though they have fuel watch before weather

2 Likes

Yeah, probably.

Of course I’m well aware that Seven News Perth has done Fuel Watch before the Weather for years, although Nine was the first to do the “Finance & Fuel” paring in the Sydney market. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why does a local Sydney bulletin start with the Oscars? The bulletin has improved heaps, but IMO, it still feels awkward and second class to Nine News Sydney.

1 Like

In Adelaide, fuel watch has been around for about a month, but as part of Today Tonight. It started with a single average price for the metro region but is now like your cap with north, south, etc.

2 Likes

Melbourne did also.

I don’t think we should be saying 9News Sydney is at all the Bess Knees at the moment…
Their system/automation screw ups are more frequent than the accurate weather forecasts… its practically part of the format of their bulletin now! :wink:

2 Likes

Seven Brisbane has had Fuelcast for several years now

Tonight

Also on Seven Local News for several years as well

Wide Bay 2014

Sunshine Coast 2013

3 Likes

Melbourne also has it, but also a different design.

1 Like

I was thinking more like US Local News.

The major US network bulletins generally have longer, in-depth reports.

1 Like

Crimestoppers banner and bug from Facebook
Video here.

2 Likes

That made me laugh, pretty good.

If Mark was able to do this every night, then I’m sure that people here wouldn’t really mind him, right?

Seven News Queensland latest promo, which I think is their best in a while:

3 Likes

Correct, I wouldn’t mind it :wink:

Which ones do u like the best?

7 Likes

While I am still here, I would like to make a mention about Seven News Adelaide. I have to say out of all the Seven News bulletins in the country, Seven News Adelaide is got to be the most polished bulletin I have seen. I know John Riddell and Jane Doyle have been anchoring the bulletin for a long time, but when Nine took over NWS-9 in 2013, I thought they were going to give Seven Adelaide a run for its money, but to my surprise, ratings still preferred Seven News compared to Nine News, and now I can actually see why.

For a start, compared to all the other Seven News bulletins in Australia, Seven News Adelaide is undoubtedly a fast-paced bulletin, while Nine’s hour-long production seems very slow and dragged out. I know they have fancy studios and stuff, but Adelaide viewers (like me) seems to prefer the half hour production than the hour-long production by Nine. Why? Because for me I can get all the day’s important news plus more in 30mins on Seven, while it takes ages for Nine to deliver the news in one hour.

Is there any improvements that can be made? I think yes. For a start, I wish the team could do a proper sign off before handing over to TT, and in addition, I think that they should actually put TT as a 15 or 20mins segment into the bulletin should they want to extend their bulletin to 1 hour (similar to Sports Tonight on Ten Late News), and then have a recap of the headlines and weather with a proper sign off, because to me a sign off from the main presenters shows their sincerity and their passion for their job.

All comments and suggestions welcome :slight_smile: .

But like Sydney and Melbourne, do you think the people of Brisbane would want to watch ‘Brisbane’s No.1 News’ (which is Nine News), or QLD’s No.1 (Seven News)?

2 Likes

In this case, “Queensland” sounds better as the Mt Coot-tha signal serves not just the Brisbane metro area, so saying Brisbane can potentially disenfranchise a big part of the SEQ audience. Why would the +700,000 viewers on the Gold Coast be interested in Brisbane’s Number One - Nine should at least be saying SEQ’s Number One.

1 Like

And don’t forget the sunny coast and Toowoomba who can also pick up the signal still I’m pretty sure

New voiceover for Angela Cox (5.00 news opener)

2 Likes