Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Kay back where she belongs and where she should stay but won’t. Shafting Kay and Rod was an insane decision considering they were well and truly dominating the ratings at the time.

3 Likes

Please stop, you’re giving them ideas! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Perhaps using Alan Jones’ studio whilst he’s away?

2 Likes

Seven News running first on 7 on lots of helicopter video tonight of the Melbourne car chase. Surprising they’re allowed to do that given that it is a shared helicopter…

Nine does the same in Sydney all the time, agree it seems wrong.

1 Like

Interesting read:
http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/news-ratings-for-2016/2231

You know when Seven News Sydney did that opener in 2015 where the presenter read the headlines which were placed as an OTS then the voiceover and title card played out. Did Melbourne ever adapt that style?

Thankfully not. That was a terrible opening style that was obviously pre-recorded and just didn’t sound good. Prefer what they do now.

1 Like

5 Likes

That 1st Cap, is that wooden flooring?

It was nice that they actually panned out at the end of the bulletin today.

From Sunrise/The Morning Show

Might be the only one but I really really like the set

4 Likes

Me too. I rank Seven Sydney’s set as the second best in Australia, after Nine News Perth.

1 Like

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Personally I think that even though it’s over seven years old, the current Nine News Sydney set is far better.

The current Seven News Sydney/national set looks and feels a bit cheap IMO.

3 Likes

I watched 9 Sydney last night for the first time in some time to watch Kenny and it seemed incredibly dated with bland and boring colours and IMO one of the worst at the moment. Each to their own I suppose! Haha

7 Sydney’s set, IMO, is a really nice national news set (not as good as Ten’s and Nine’s though) but to me it doesn’t fit/feel local. That is also the problem with Nine News Perth.

1 Like

Nine yes, but they’d just need to chuck out that horrific globe and choose something else and use a screen for their weather. But Ten’s set… Sorry I feel Ten’s set is just a group of screens and a table spread out over an overly-large newsroom.

I agree with everything you said there. I just love the ‘open’ newsroom look.

At least Ten is a bit innovative in this sense, seeing that they used the newsroom for a long time (back in the Ron Wilson/Jessica Rowe era).

2 Likes

Seven News Sydney opened tonight with no headline bed, it just went straight into the V/O and Musher introducing the headlines individually. Either technical glitches or just something new. Either way, I don’t like it.