Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

That globe is just atrocious!

1 Like

From the Afternoon News:

Cannot believe how utterly awful it looks. What is with Seven and terrible backdrops? It’s not hard.

9 Likes

Why does the globe keep moving places during different bulletins? Also, why is there clouds, OUTSIDE of the globe? :confused: Reminds me of a PS1 game’s overworld! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That shot sort of reminds me of Nine with the clouds lol

Before I made this post, this cap was originally captured to showcase that Seven has returned the “Nightly at 6.00” title-card during the nightly updates, but it also made me think… Why not use a daytime version of the backdrop? :thinking:

5 Likes

Here is city vs city comparison of the Morning and Afternoon News bulletins of Nine, Seven and ABC.

Some caps of the new background

The Sydney Olympic Homecoming on Monday

The Melbourne one today

2 Likes

Thanks mate. It looks even worse in the wideshot.

It’s hard to believe that Martin Place set is relatively new, it looks so dull and dated already.

8 Likes

I’d actually go one further and say that Seven News’ current branding in general is so dull and dated, despite being relatively new.

The sad thing though is that we’ll probably be stuck with Seven News’ current look (evolutionary tweaks not withstanding) for at least 3-4 more years, well after all other TV news services have moved onto new branding…

2 Likes

Everything about the background in that wideshot looks exactly like Nine News minus the ugly globe :stuck_out_tongue:

Except Nine News’ globe graphics actually look half decent, albeit nearly half a decade old with some elements.

Seven News’ current graphics are like a bad combination of their previous branding mixed with elements borrowed from Nine News, Ten News and NBC Nightly News. :confused:

2 Likes

Im surprised Melbourne hasn’t updated its set yet.

2 Likes

I’d prefer this as the background. Not a fan of the globe:

10 Likes

7 News Adelaide Olympian special from earlier today:

And for what it is worth, a couple of caps of the weather report from last night with some Winter weather stats - I’m not sure if this is common in other states?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it’s quite common for Seven (and indeed all local news bulletins) here in Sydney to include weather stats graphics after each season or when a major weather event happens.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I posted that cap. Focus on Australia. The globe is kinda odd when Australia isn’t even visible in the backdrop shot! :confused:

3 Likes

Olympian parade

3 Likes

7 News on-air presentation, still looks like shit even after a refresh.

5 Likes