Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Would anyone happen to have it?

It featured the word “best”… Best resources, best reporters. “BEST” was on screen

1 Like

Lol my bad. I live in Melbourne now so had no idea he was back.

Ok then, compliments to SydeyCityTv the for the upload

1 Like

[quote=“antonio1987, post:201, topic:103”]
Lol my bad. I live in Melbourne now so had no idea he was back.
[/quote] Make sure you have access to the live stream, so you don’t experience Fergo withdrawals. :grin:

[quote=“spw68, post:200, topic:103, full:true”]
It featured the word “best”… Best resources, best reporters. “BEST” was on screen
[/quote] And the best newsreaders on the weekend… go figure!

She is the first to concede the ratings dwindled with her at the desk. The issue is, the presenter is merely the face. The content problem hasn’t been addressed at all. It’s the equivalent to blaming a car’s colour for it breaking down, rather than the fact the engine is #%+*ed.

Any increase in ratings in the fourth quarter can be attributed to The Chase, proven by the fact Seven News Sydney suffers a sharp decline in the second half hour.

In Brisbane, management unbelievably managed to create a problem where there wasn’t one. From comfortably leading the ratings with hugely popular presenters who made ordinary content actually look good, to capable presenters with poor content who on a nightly basis are compared to their predecessors.

5 Likes

As noted in the summary of the weekly news results just posted - last week Seven News Brisbane that saw the return of regular readers Sharyn and Bill plummeted to the lowest weekly rating that I can find.

Certainly it is the worst result for several years. Same week in 2014 the bulletin had 252,000 and beat Nine News that had 243,000, this week it was just 143,000 to Nine’s 195,000.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with Bill and Sharyn. I like them as I do Kay and Rod.
In fact, I also liked the summer presenters - Max, Katrina and Kendall. All very competent and pleasant to watch/listen to. :slightly_smiling:

[quote=“spw68, post:205, topic:103”]
I don’t have a problem with Bill and Sharyn. I like them as I do Kay and Rod.In fact, I also liked the summer presenters - Max, Katrina and Kendall.
[/quote] Sharyn Ghidella is a very good news anchor and was exepctional on the weekend role for 5 years and on Weekend Sunrise. Bill is not that bad, but the problem most of us have is that Sharyn and Bill replaced Kay and Rod not on their terms. McGrath and Young were pushed aside, didn’t step aside, only to make the ratings worse. Obviously, one day Kay is going to retire and we all accepted that once THAT occasion happened, we would have been more than happy for Sharyn to move into that chair.

Agreed they should never have shafted Kay & Rod to weekends! But I much prefer Bill & Sharyn over Andrew & Melissa on 9. I just think a major overhaul is needed and they’ll be #1 again… maybe lol

1 Like

If I lived in Queensland, I’d probably watch Nine News on weeknights and Seven News on weekends and I suspect that many of our Queensland members do just that. Unlike Sydney, it seems that there’s not a whole lot separating the content of either of Queensland’s 6pm bulletins as far as I can gather.

From the little that I’ve seen, Rod & Kay are definitely Seven Queensland’s best newsreaders and they should’ve never have been moved away from weeknights. Rod & Kay are certainly better than the duo Nine Queensland has on weekends (Eva Milic should still be reading Nine News Queensland on weekends IMO), that’s for sure…

Bill & Sharyn vs Andrew & Melissa? Probably about equal IMO.

3 Likes

Turn and pose, Mark! The camera loves you!

Well, I’m a Queensland viewer and I do not watch commercial news at all. ABC all the way.

/snobbishness

1 Like

I’d agree with most of what everyone is saying. Add to that the fact that Hot Seat continues to dominate at 5.30 even against The Chase. It’s going to be an uphill battle to change viewer habits but it can be done. They’re really not that far behind 9.

Doesn’t The Chase regularily beat Hot Seat by quite a margin?

1 Like

[quote=“Nicholas, post:212, topic:103, full:true”]
Doesn’t The Chase regularily beat Hot Seat by quite a margin?
[/quote] Not in Queensland, certainly not in the south. Nine Gold Coast has Hot Seat at 5pm, Local News at 5.30pm and Nine News Queensland at 6 and the local news has been number one ever since it began in 1996

Seven are so far behind in Brisbane they were outrated by 7 News in Perth last year.

3 Likes

“Queensland’s best news just got even better” according to this new promo.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I just don’t like “BEST” being used. Other than that, I really like that promo.

It’s not a bad promo, but there’s something not quite right about it IMO.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:215, topic:103”]
“Queensland’s best news just got even better” according to this new promo.
[/quote] I actually don’t mind that promo, better than Sydney’s and Melbourne as seen above. However, the phrase “Queensland’s best news just got even better” is not true. I feel the word ‘BEST’ is slightly self-boosting as it is based on opinion and not on facts. And, unless new sets, graphics, theme, content and anchors change, I can’t see how something is suppose to “get even better…” if you do nothing. As well as removing the best, maybe have a more local angle to the promo.

1 Like