Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Is it ok if I like it? Please don’t hurt me.

19 Likes

Oi nice m8, I’ll tell the boys at the local we got another one coming!!

Are ya gonna board banter train though!?

3 Likes

[quote=“marquisite, post:1804, topic:103”]
7 News Sydney desk (now has)a tv screen
[/quote] Yes that is what we asked them to do but it needs to be bigger or something. Just not that![quote=“marquisite, post:1819, topic:103, full:true”]
I agree… Red please
[/quote] Come on, how hard can it be? Seven News needs to be red/black/grey and please move away from the blue.

[quote=“Nicholas, post:1821, topic:103”]
They should’ve used the supers that @SydneyOnAirTV created to match the opener
[/quote] @SydneyOnAirTV 's work is far too advanced for the current mob at Seven News.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:1834, topic:103, full:true”]
Seven Brisbane got the updated graphics but not Seven Local News Queensland.
[/quote] From the 10 seconds I saw, SLN did get the update ( They had the usual super just shortened).

[quote=“Nicholas, post:1844, topic:103”]
The new title card is yuck!
[/quote] I think the new title cards have potential. I like how the words “Seven News” have returned but the gold doesn’t suit the rest of the package and maybe it is too small.[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1864, topic:103”]
sums up the reaction to Seven News’ latest "partial refresh
[/quote] I can’t even laugh about it, it is that disgusting.

6 Likes

Yeah sure, I’m always up for a laugh :joy:

2 Likes

Looks dreadful, the blue is far too dark.

3 Likes

I just looked at the opener and it was the same - but yest they have the “blue graphics” as well!.

But some things unchanged including weather

3 Likes

Worst on air look. Can’t think of a worse on-air news presentation than the final National Nine News package from January to October 2008.

1 Like

cmon Perth, new virtual set please since the last updates have been from the 4:30pm backdrop! Doubt it though! :rolling_eyes:

I think if they changed the blue supers to black then it be more consistent. They should’ve focused on the red and black theme which was first seen when we had the NBC Mission promos.

Here is a quick mock I did in a minute. Something similar to this (thanks to TV.Cynic for the original cap)

7 Likes

7 news Adelaide brought back the green screen for weather after a few years of the plasma.

1 Like

There are good things about the changes, like the supers not taking up as much room on screen. They just need to be red! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And you compare this to the rest.

Nine looks so much cleaner and they haven’t changed their look (excluding minor adjustments) since January 2014. Ten’s presentation has always been top notch ever since 2013. ABC’s package has aged fairly well though simple since it was introduced in July 2010. SBS also aint that bad ever since 2012

4 Likes

7 Brisbane weather from RNA show

New Queensland opener

1 Like

If you say so. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They need to update that durtan behind the sports reader.

No.1…

31 Likes

Like Sunrise’s current graphics, personally I think that Seven News’ latest graphics would’ve looked great if they were launched maybe two or three years ago but I’d prefer something a bit different in 2016.

Also, I’d probably expect further tweaks to the graphics before too long. The presenter name supers are a little difficult to read and this is in native HD!

1 Like

Shame about the weather though. Always baffled me why weather graphics always get overlooked with relaunches. All the networks are guilty of it. How hard can it be?

Edit: I see only Regional Queensland has left weather unchanged. My point still stands, lol.

2 Likes

This, in all its redness, would make a better standard lower-third than the blue one providing the lower font was changed to black (or a dark shade of grey), if you ask me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perspective between the new and previous super. Not much difference.
A lousy re-launch if you ask me.

4 Likes

Sorry, but I just saw another update with Sue with the same backdrop, so I think our hopes have been dashed, but who knows? :pensive: