Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seven News expectedly have won the year in the Adelaide and Perth markets.

When was the last time 9 news perth won a week
I would think over 20 years when Peter Waltham and Anne Conti were at 9.

Thanks for the tip. Wouldn’t have known otherwise !

He did say “expectedly”.

1 Like

The results have been available on Media Spy for over a week.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven On-Air Presentation

End boards here in Melbourne now have “Australia’s No. 1” in place of “Make the switch” :roll_eyes: (Only thanks to the west) Melbourne and Sydney both still hate it 5 years on.
#dreamin

4 Likes

*I think Seven News is doing well in Queensland (both Brisbane and statewide) this year as well. As much as I hate to admit it, Queensland, Adelaide & Perth are probably enough to get it as “Australia’s #1” even though they’re still trailing Nine in the two biggest markets.

3 Likes

In saying that though… Seven has made up ground in both Melbourne an Sydney. It only lost Melbourne by 30k and Sydney by 40k last week.

2 Likes

But if the sole criteria that people are using to base who has won the year on is “weeks won” then Seven can’t be beaten - 20 weeks won across the hour and 22 weeks at 6pm. Using that criteria it doesn’t matter how close the contest is or what happens across the rest of the year.

4 Likes

Haven’t Seven News been airing these “Australia’s #1” at some stage of the year, for like the past 12 years?

(I remember 2009: “Australia’s most watched news service”, like every ad beak)

7News Melbourne’s version of the "Olympic News"
The cap was from 7HD but its shitty upscale on there makes it looks horrid once down converted again. You get the idea though.

Bit messy at the start - you can see where they have slapped two takes of Mitch talking with the flash transition. Not a good look IMO.

4 Likes

The “Australia’s Olympic News” promos have been airing since about March or April though, haven’t they?

Although in any case, the upload is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

That is the first time I have seen the Melbourne version. Either it’s new or not been played much. I know Sydney had theirs running a while back.

3 Likes

First at 4 transition:

11 Likes

Hopefully that means more is planned ahead in terms of Presentation changes…

1 Like

While a completely new design for the supers would be preferable, I definitely think they should at least change the font on the non-headline supers (reporter, name, etc.) to match the font that’s used on the other newer graphics! :confused:

That said, I still think that the titlecards also need to be updated (at the very least, update the footage to something from a bit more recently than five years+ ago!). Some nicer looking Finance and Weather graphics would probably be appreciated too.

4 Likes

Mitch not having a great night tonight. Unsure if it’s the automation that’s making him fumble on the autocue or what (most likely the reason). A number of them have happened tonight though…

Perth also using the opener with the line under the bolder 7 News logo

2 Likes

Seems to happen a lot to Mitch. Earlier in the year while reading the stocks he couldn’t stop giggling throughout it. Also, it seems like he can’t operate without the autocue. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/channel-7-news-presenter-peter-mitchell-gets-giggle-fit-reading-the-stocks/news-story/facb1ddfa95e98c47adfdc28b303dc3a

1 Like