Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

One from the satellite feeds – interestingly, the camera crew from Ten was setting up the Seven reporter for her live cross:

10 Likes

7 Local News in QLD are using the same new graphics as Adelaide with the red line extending all the way over to the logo and the bolder “NEWS”.

4 Likes

Nice to see Seven using the set a bit more in Sydney this week:

9 Likes

Yay for something different, I can’t believe my eyes! They are using the actual set! :frowning:

So much blue though we are almost in a solarium, or underwater. You’d think you’re watching Ten or Nine news

I’d really like to see them utilise standing positions and using those 2 side plasmas on each side of the set. They just sit there with the same boring generic backgrounds that are plastered on them burning into them.

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nice Bastille Day Attack

Yes. I know the suburb. What point are you trying to make?

Wasn’t sure whether to post it here or not, but Perth was using standing shot graphics tonight for the Bastille Day attacks in Nice:

Also updated Money Watch OST:

4 Likes

[quote=“Biscuit45, post:1649, topic:103”]
Wasn’t sure whether to post it here or not, but Perth was using standing shot graphics tonight for the Bastille Day attacks in Nice:
[/quote] For a brief second there, I thought “Since when did 7 News have a large plasma screen?” then I remembered something green! TBH, especially in the first cap, I thought I was watching 60 Minutes.

1 Like

quite common really, especially in remote areas. Sometimes one station will provide the link and the other the camera operator. All depends on the day-to-day deals made by the chiefs of staff in order to get the coverage.

1 Like

:warning:

Grumble alert - why does Seven have so much trouble uploading their bulletins to PLUS7?

I have just gone to have a look at tonight’s Sydney bulletin and, surprise surprise, it’s not there (nor is Melbourne’s). This is a regular occurrence for Seven yet Nine, Ten, ABC and even SBS all somehow manage to get all of their bulletins up without fail every single night.

Wouldn’t this be an automated process? If not then the person responsible needs to have their performance evaluated. Fortunately I have it recorded at home so I can watch it later but now I am bored and have nothing else to do at work haha.

-end grumble-

3 Likes

Would you be able to upload a montage of it then, if you recorded it at home. That would be much appreciated thanks.

Friday night drinks.

1 Like

Just saw new graphics for the Melbourne bulletin for the first time tonight.

2 Likes

What’s new to the opener?

I just found the new graphics came in on Monday. I watch ABC News on weeknights as I finish work late, so I missed the relaunch, but I like the new supers, they look professional.

3 Likes

Sure, it will be next week some time.

There may be changes coming to Seven News according to this article.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/craig-mcpherson-news-and-current-affairs-boss-tipped-to-deliver-more-bad-news-for-seven-staff/news-story/c49a54b1aa1bd82880e8ed330c2a184a

5 Likes

Just since the beginning of 2016, we’ve seen changes to the set, theme music, elements of the graphics and new Sport & Weather presenters on Seven News Sydney.

What hasn’t changed in a while is the content of the news service which IMO, definitely the worst in the marketplace quality wise. And it’s now been over two and a half years since Mark Ferguson was given his current position as main newsreader for Seven News Sydney. From what I’ve observed, Fergo’s presence on the Sunday-Thursday night bulletins hasn’t really lead to any long term ratings success.

Of course the situation is most likely different in other markets, but here in Sydney I think it’s becoming increasingly obvious what the main problems with Seven News are…

9 Likes

Well based on that article the petty office politics and conflict that destroyed Seven News in the first place are still alive and wrecking havoc in Martin Place.

6 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1660, topic:103”]
What hasn’t changed in a while is the content of the news service which IMO, definitely the worst in the marketplace quality wise
[/quote] I think that is a problem for Seven News nationally.

Just since the beginning of 2016, we’ve seen changes to the set, theme music, elements of the graphics and new Sport & Weather presenters on Seven News Sydney.
[/quote] Yeah every change to Seven News Sydney but the problem.

Fergo’s presence on the Sunday-Thursday night bulletins hasn’t really lead to any long term ratings success.
[/quote] And I know @antonio1987 will disagree but over the last month I have randomly looked at the ratings whether it be Sunday-Thursday or Friday and Saturday and they are still a large distance between them and Nine News Sydney. On that note, I think we should watch Natalie Barr in the next few years since she is hosting a lot of Sunrise’s big news events and being replaced in studio ( similar circumstances occurred with Melissa Doyle).

[quote=“William_C, post:1659, topic:103”]
There may be changes coming to Seven News according to this article.
[/quote] Rumours for Seven News to be returned back to 30 minutes. I really support this idea and I think many do. As we have seen, the ratings in the 6.30-7 period don’t strengthen in viewings. Whilst I was in favour for Nine News to extended to 1hr, I don’t think Seven News should have copied. And in the TT department, at least they wouldn’t be competing against ACA.

2 Likes