Seven News Content and Appearance

As some of you have no doubt noticed, the old thread has been broken in the excitement of the ‘relaunch’.

Let’s start again.

I’ve broken out the posts on the tweaks to here (apologies if your post didn’t survive the cut, the board was doing some weird shit): Seven News July 2020 presentation tweaks - #155

The old thread is here: Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020) - #10670

8 Likes

I don’t mind the new lower thirds, the openers are just a slight update on the old ones and continue to look very boring (Have seen better openers in the Mocks thread).

The mishmash of studios across the country is only a big deal to MS as most people don’t see all the sets at once like we do but it would be nice to have some constancy across the country but I won’t hold my breath.

Promos:

Early News:

6 Likes

Looks a lot better with the updated ticker.

Give it a few days for all the tweaks to filter through on all aspects of the presentation.

1 Like

20200727_104237

20200727_104256
Seven News Australia and Sydney’s Instagram profile picture has been changed with the new font logo. Still awaiting on Seven News Queensland on Instagram as they still have the old font.

Red back in some supers on the 11:30 am news. But later back to blue :joy:

8 Likes

Tim looks a bit awkward

8 Likes

Good to see that the ticker has been updated, but surely it’s not that hard to replace the old Seven News logo with the new one on the “desk screen” loop?!

5 Likes

Perhaps we might see that at 4pm or 6pm in Sydney tonight.

Also, it took Seven a while to replace the ‘Circle 7’ logo in Melbourne when the new logo launched on 1 January 2000.

If the Viz input templates remain the same with this refresh, the red supers mean someone’s ticked “Breaking News” when they were creating them.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the logic behind making only the reporter’s/presenter’s first name light and surname bold. It adds nothing and looks stupid

4 Likes

Old graphics seen on a livestream (screencap via Facebook)

2 Likes

Watermark

As seen QLD 4pm

6 Likes

Sydney:

7 Likes

Good to see that they’ve finally got the new logo on the “desk screen” loop.

As for the titlecard, why have “SYDNEY” underneath the logo at 4pm but not 6pm? If anything, it probably should be the other way round because there are regional markets which get the 4pm bulletin but not the 6pm one (on weekdays anyway!)

1 Like

Melbourne/Adelaide:

6 Likes

Finally! It’s been hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Horray! It’s no longer @4!

But now why is it called “Seven News At Four” but the titlecard says “Seven News Afternoon News”?

11 Likes

Gold Coast Update (sigh)

6 Likes

The blue overload is killing me. They need some variation on those screens aside from deep blue!

The red bars on the title cards are of a similar idea to Nine it appears…,