Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Wow, and a local double header as well!

7 Likes

I wonder what Seven did with their Rio Olympics set? It was well constructed, modern and worked well in different colours (red, blue and green, really any colour would work on this set). Nine’s new national look is impressive, but it’s a bit too busy; this set is still sophisticated in design, but more minimalist. Sydney’s old number 7 desk could work very well in this space.

They could use Red as the standard colour, Blue for Today Tonight (like they already do with the red -> blue Adelaide set trimmings), Yellow/Orange for breaking news. Other colours could be used for themed stories or celebrations. The possibilities are endless…

4 Likes

The LED screen would’ve just been hired by 7, along with most of the other elements. You’ll probably see bits of it at the Logies.

1 Like

My understanding is that they will be using it again for future events.

1 Like

Just use it for Seven News already!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: London Attack

7 actually used that set again (in smaller form) for the upfronts

Can you give some examples, please?

Just like what I said above maybe ?

Commonwealth Games next year perhaps.

Pyongcheng, Gold Coast, Tokyo… I’ll have to see if I can find the article but I definitely read something about it being a multi-year investment for Seven.

Seven News Queensland Weather Promo (March 2017):

2 Likes

Brisbane

After a pre-recorded story on the cyclone there was a live cross.

2 Likes

Melbourne Afternoon News montage

3 Likes

Emily Angwin doing a very good job. I wouldn’t put it past her being considered as one of Jen’s potential successors one day (but I sincerely hope that Jen stays with Seven for as long as she is still doing TV News).

Couldn’t imagine a worse situation once that day comes (i.e. Jacqueline Felgate).

1 Like

Im really not a fan of the city background they use on the local 4.00pm news…

2 Likes

Seven News Ayr

Cyclone super

5 Likes

Promo for 7 News Cyclone coverage end board

1 Like

Ah good, how tasteful to use a storm event to brag about ratings…

7 Likes

Tonight’s promo

2 Likes