Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

I think Little Big Shots will air on Sundays and Hell’s Kitchen on Mondays.

The hits keep on coming from Seven

Thursday 27 July at 7.30pm
Daredevils Make You Laugh Out Loud
A collection of the craziest, funniest daredevils caught on camera.

2 Likes

I think you made typo there. That should be “shit” not “hits”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Will Behave Yourself be bumped to a multi-channel, if it continues to fall?

Luckily Seven are saved by Wimbledon for a fortnight.

If it settles around 500k, this should be OK for a 8.30 or 9.30 show.

2 Likes

People who don’t watch Ch 10 (and hence know about HYBPA), yes a weak excuse, may have enjoyed Behave Yourself.

We have do remember, Ch 7 are so top rating, they tend to just “attract” viewers (i.e.) passive.

Where as Ch 9, certainly Ch 10, work much harder on PR.

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:1476, topic:41”]
We have do remember, Ch 7 are so top rating, they tend to just “attract” viewers (i.e.) passive. Where as Ch 9, certainly Ch 10, work much harder on PR [/quote]
What rot. Ch 7 have to work to attract viewers too. Viewers don’t just passively tune in all the time. They have plenty of flops too. They just have more contents, so can afford to dump a few flops along the way and carry on with something else.

4 Likes

I (politely) disagree a bit.

Look at 2011, they certainly didn’t have ‘hits’ every night/week.

But were able to attract more eyes than anyone else, even for lesser programs, maybe programs that might flop on say Ch 10. So yes, various diverse content has a lot to do with it.

Interestingly, they’re mirroring 2011 so far this year!

I can’t really “Look at 2011” unless you provide all the stats but you have to remember that the ratings are measured between 6pm and midnight.

Ten is already way behind Seven and Nine by 7.30pm. You can get excited by a few Ten shows, as much as you want, but they just don’t have enough hit content right across the board. They have hits at 7.30pm and sometimes at 8.30pm but the rest is often a complete write-off. Lost of second rate American filler which the others have now given up on.

The race is always between Seven and Nine. They are neck to neck up to 7.30pm and then Seven usually pulls ahead because they have more hit reality shows, factuals, dramas and most importantly AFL which steal the wins.

4 Likes

So what about Married, The Voice, Love Child, House Husbands, NRL, etc?

Yes, there’s not much difference. Seven is only just staying ahead of Nine but that’s enough for a win. Seven has also had MKR, House Rules, 800 Words, Wanted and AFL in that same period and also had success with Murder Uncovered, Million Dollar Cold Case, Bride and Prejudice, First Dates, Hoges etc.

1 Like

When it comes to year-to-date share, I’d consider “just in front” to be ~0.1% (or ball park).

They’re significantly in front of the pack, on par if not slightly better than 2016.

And in terms of weeks, Nine haven’t won any yet.

1 Like

Schedule Update

Sunday 9 July
10:30 PM Behave Yourself ENCORE
11:30 PM Wanted ENCORE

Seven is again the TV network sponsoring the Ekka. The media launch was this morning.

Media Sponsors:

5 Likes

What did Seven air in 2011 that didn’t rate? They won the year…

As you have said many times ratings is a small part of the bigger picture. Nine would be very happy with their year and consider themselves in a great position. Look at Married and its VPM figures. The biggest I have ever seen from any show.

1 Like

So if you say that, what have Seven had in 2017 that hasn’t rated? They’re winning the year.

You can’t have it both ways :wink:

I didn’t say that they weren’t winning the year or had programs that didn’t rate… I am simply asking what programs they had in 2011 that didn’t rate. I don’t remember that far back. It was a big claim to make.

In 2011 Seven won all 40 weeks, which was the first time this happened since Oztam began.

2 Likes

There were a couple of misfires but overall, Seven definitely had a pretty good 2011 in the ratings. Although by and large, this can be said about every year in Australian TV since 2007.

@LukeMovieMan I think you might be slightly misinformed regarding 2011 and Seven. In that year timeslot winners included; Greys Anatomy (Thursdays), Desperate Housewives (Thursdays), My Kitchen Rules, Criminal Minds (Wednesdays), Bones (Mondays), The Force, Border Security, How I Met Your Mother, Winners and Losers (massive start at 1.6 million), Conviction Kitchen (rated around 1 million), Australia’s Got Talent (smashed Masterchef and rated around 2 million), The Amazing Race (1.3 million), Downton Abbey (nearly 2 million), Dancing with the Stars (around 1.5 million), Four Weddings (1 million), The X Factor (1.4 million)

Seven even managed to get US flops like Parenthood, Body of Proof, Castle and Detroit to rate ok.

Obviously they had some misses but they had a lot of content that rated that they didn’t even need to try with.

2 Likes

Seven better air New Eps of The Goldbergs Soon and air Repeats of Seasons 2 and 3 on 7flix on Weekdays during the Summer.

1 Like